Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
This is a role in Consumer Banking Group ("CBG") Regional Credit team, reporting to Head of Group CBG Credit. The candidate will be responsible to manage and strengthen credit loss and provisioning forecasting and reporting, set strategic roadmap and drive key priorities on consumer credit systems & infrastructure to achieve robust consumer credit risk management capabilities, scalable operating effectiveness and quality business growth. Key Accountabilities
- Strong Consumer Credit, Risk Management, to implement heightened standards in managing credit loss and provisioning forecasting and stress testing
- Regional "gold standard" on consumer credit practices and processes.
- Strategic consumer credit systems and data roadmap to drive robust and support scalable consumer business priorities.
(1) Consumer Credit Portfolio Management & Forecasting
- Set and drive heightened standards on consumer credit lending (specifically on loss forecasting and stress testing), in line with best practices in the industry.
- Manage regulatory and non-regulatory stress testing - non- Advanced Internal Rating-Based ("non-AIRB") approach from credit risk perspective e.g. Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process ("ICAAP"), Industry-Wide Stress Test ("IWST") and ensure adherence to regulatory reporting standards e.g. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's standard number 239 ("BCBS239") across the region.
- Support Basel model management on capital optimisation initiatives for CBG Regional Credit.
- Collaborate closely with Group Portfolio Analytics on Retail IFRS9 modelling for all locations.
(2) Consumer Credit Infrastructure Journey and Roadmap
- Drive horizontal organisation by working with other regional function heads (Senior Credit Officer providing country/product oversight, Governance, Policy, Acquisition & Credit Initiation, Portfolio Management), tribes, squads and chapters (including key partners in CBG Business, Operations and Technology) to build effective collaboration and implementation of business and functional objectives related to Business, Technology and Credit transformation journeys.
- Advocate system and data related sharing on learnings and best practices across the region and to leverage off synergistic opportunities.
- Inculcate a data driven mindset as part of future vision direction, build up resource skills and driving the digital transformation journey to ensure competitive advantage in the digital age
- Collaborate with other RMG units, CBG Business, Technology & Operations and Customer Experience to drive cohesive innovation / digital capabilities and deliver new credit value propositions across locations/markets for existing lending portfolio.
(3) Location Consumer Credit Risk Oversight
- Provide regional oversight across the region and locations, leveraging regional experience and expertise.
- Set and drive heightened standards on consumer credit risk management, in line with best practices in the industry, including usage of data analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) approach.
- Lead regular credit portfolio quality reviews with local/regional Credit, Fraud, Group Portfolio Analytics and Business stakeholders, to reinforce strategic priorities, pollinate good practices and share learnings across locations.
- Guide initiatives/projects on digitisation or automation to facilitate operational efficiency within CBG Credit, as well as enhance end-to-end customer and employee journey.
- Degree holder and the candidate should have at least 15 years of Consumer Credit, Collection and/or Fraud Risk Management experience across the region. In addition, the candidate should preferably possess the following complementary work experience in:
- Consumer Credit Risk Policy (unsecured / ecosystem lending)
- Consumer Credit Risk Analytics
- Consumer lending digitalisation, automation infrastructure and capabilities
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills. Must be adaptable to different cultures and market practices.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage conflict/complex situations (including making tough decisions).
- Good understanding of key risk drivers and with experience of risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risk, especially credit risk.
- Data Analytics - Drawing & formulating insights from data. Data driven mindset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.