Client Portfolio Management AnalystAbout Man AHL
Man AHL is one of the world's longest running diversified systematic investment managers, trading in over 800 markets globally and offering a range of absolute return and long-only quantitative strategies that invest across traditional and alternative markets.
Man AHL applies scientific rigour and advanced technology and execution to a diverse range of data in order to build systematic investment strategies. The team of over 100 researchers and technologists are driven by curiosity and intellectual honesty, and a passion for solving the complex problems presented by financial markets.
We leverage Man Group's unique collaboration with the University of Oxford, the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance (OMI). The OMI conducts field-leading academic research into machine learning and data analytics, which can be applied to quantitative investing.
Founded in 1987, Man AHL's funds under management were $60.6 billion at 30 September 2022. Further information can be found at www.man.com/ahl.The Role
This position is a core function within the AHL Client Portfolio Management Team, providing specialist knowledge of AHL's strategies, and supporting AHL's clients. The successful applicant is likely to have a passion for markets, quantitative strategies, and a desire to communicate.
In this role, the individual is expected to work collaboratively with internal business partners including AHL's investment professionals, Man Group's global sales force, marketing, legal & compliance teams, middle office and others.
- Provide investment-related updates for investors and stakeholders.
- Write regular and ad hoc commentary and thought pieces related to AHL's business and its strategies
- Respond to client enquiries on AHL's investment strategies
- Assume overall responsibility for projects including: planning, organising timeline and project deliverables
- Analyse proposal requirements with sales and other appropriate stakeholders, and review provided documentation to identify prospect/client key objectives
The successful applicant is expected to gain a solid grounding in AHL's investment strategies. Long term expectations may include additional client facing responsibilities including the potential to travel.Skills/Experience
- Strong academic record and a degree (Bachelors or Masters) with a high mathematical, statistical, or computing content e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics from a reputable university
- Highly numerate, with an ability to communicate well both orally and in written form
- Relevant experience in or dealing with systematic investment managers preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Coding skills (Python) an advantage
- Strong reasoning ability (i.e., capacity to understand inner workings of investment strategies, explain them simply, and spot inconsistencies/errors in language and data used)
- Highly detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and produce accurate work under tight time constraints