We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
This position involves supporting the Strategy Tagging and Performance Attribution Platforms for mutual funds, hedge funds and client accounts at PIMCO. The candidate will do direct user support, talking to portfolio managers and trading assistants. The candidate will also work closely with the developers on the team by creating specifications for new features and enhancements, as well as offering ongoing guidance and training to new and existing staff in developing plans and implementing project objectives.
The candidate will also work with the development and QA teams to ensure the correctness of any changes to the applications. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand buy side portfolio construction, understand hedge fund strategies.
- Has knowledge of how risk measures work such as duration, spread and currency risk, and be able to use them in performance attribution calculation.
- Be able to provide timely support for trades and risk management for any questions related to risk measures and performance attribution.
- Work closely with PIMCO upstream systems and teams such as Pricing, Index Solution, trading applications as well as compliance team.
- Create specifications for developers and test outcomes of code production
- Innovate new ideas on how to bring to bear existing PIMCO data to created more accurate performance attribution result.
- Be able to communicate clearly to PIMCO colleagues on the requirement needed for strategy tagging and performance attribution system improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science with a 5+ years of experience in financial services / investment management industry
- Knowledge of various financial instrument types and their characteristics
- Exposure to Buy side performance attribution/evaluation and risk management preferred
- Experience in third party risk and performance software system such as Axioma and FactSet preferred
- Experience in Python preferred
- SQL Experience preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Passing of CFA level 1 preferred
- Independently identify systematic issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Ability to work and communicate well - both verbally and in writing - with experienced portfolio managers and other investment professionals.
- Capable of working in a geographically diverse environment
- Highly organized individual with the willingness to be proactive about recognizing potential improvements or impending problems
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 150,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.