Purpose of the role
The Middle Office team has responsibility for the oversight of the organisation's Fund Administration, capital flow reporting, review/analysis of fund profit and loss accounts and calculating the Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds. They act as a contact point to Portfolio Managers, Sales and the wider business internally as well as Fund Administrators externally.
This senior analyst role sits within the Investor Operations sub-team, who are focused on Investor flows oversight and reporting across Man's fund ranges. The successful individual will be responsible for facilitating the swift and accurate resolution of exceptions and ensuring accurate/timely reconciliation of data back to the Fund Administrators has occurred. With key focuses on risk management and issue ownership, they will be required to operate in close collaboration with colleagues across the business to resolve time critical problems. As knowledge of the business and fund structures increases, they will play an increasing role in the implementation of new business.
The successful candidate will join the team at a time of significant change as we commence a programme of further automation and process consolidation, giving strong individuals an excellent opportunity to impact the evolution of the operating model.Specific responsibilities
- Oversight of all relevant Service Provider/Transfer Agency processes/procedures. Perform reviews and control processes, resolving and/or escalating any issues.
- Liaise with the fund administrators to reconcile capital flows and ensure accurate/timely reporting. Ensure the integrity of the firm's data is maintained
- Manage exceptions and queries with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report operational incidents, gathering relevant information and escalating to management on a timely basis.
- Manage and develop relationships globally with Sales, Middle Office, Front Office and Senior Management. Ensure a high level of client service is delivered by Man and its service providers.
- Support improvement and evolution of the operating environment. Constantly review, challenge and enhance existing processes to make team more efficient, reduce risk and add value to the business
- AEOI oversight - ensuring that entities are identified, registered and that Fund Administrators are correctly producing reporting and filing withing deadlines to relevant authorities.
- Where applicable, support the completion and oversight of daily Client Money processes/controls to ensure that CASS compliance is being maintained
- Stay informed of the impacts of industry/ regulatory changes on relevant financial products
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the Service Provider organisations and operating model as it relates Investor Services and to CASS
- Assist the Middle Office team in its wider responsibilities
Our Culture, Values and Benefits at Man
- Graduate calibre or equivalent with strong academics
- Motivated and hardworking, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced ability in Excel
- Good level of understanding or experience working with Transfer Agency services
- Significant experience in client service role in the investment management/ hedge fund industry/ wider financial services industry
- Knowledge of fund/ financial services industry regulations, especially Client Money/CASS (advantageous)
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equal opportunities. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business and this is embedded in our culture and values. There are a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and that encourage inclusion and diversity across our firm and the industry. Man Group is a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter and the Race at Work Charter. Man Group is also a Disability Confident Committed employer; if you require help or information on reasonable adjustments as you apply for roles with us, please contact HRSO@man.com. https://www.man.com/diversity
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.