GIC Private Equity (PE)
GIC is a global investment firm and has one of the largest and broadest private equity programmes amongst all institutions. GIC PE invests across the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific in a range of sectors including healthcare, consumer, financial services, TMT, industrials, infrastructure, energy and natural resources. GIC PE also invests through private equity fund managers. GIC PE invests across the capital structure in equity, senior and junior debt, besides investing in secondary PE deals, restructuring & opportunistic credit and special situations. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors. Sustainability Solutions Group
The Sustainability Solutions Group (SSG) in GIC Private Equity is the investment group focused on sourcing and investing in companies in climate technology and environmental solutions. The strategy focuses on minority growth and venture private equity transactions. SSG has a global mandate and team and an integrated direct and fund investment strategy. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our investment team in Singapore. Responsibilities
- Part of the SSG based in Singapore, and will report to the Co-Head, SSG (based in Singapore)
- Will be involved in evaluating and executing investments in minority growth and venture private equity, as well as portfolio management.
- To assist in reviewing, selecting and executing attractive investment opportunities efficiently and expeditiously.
- Involvement in negotiations, deal structuring, pricing, due diligence processes, and legal closings.
- Be part of special projects as assigned from time to time, including stakeholder engagement on climate technology and trends.
- Good academic qualifications with 2 to 5 years of investment banking, private equity or consulting experience.
- Strong commercial judgement and ideally experience in direct investments.
- Strong written and communication skills; good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task (i.e. simultaneously execute and assist on multiple transactions in addition to portfolio work).
- Positive work attitude, high energy candidates with drive, initiative and intellectual curiosity to learn.
- Experience and/or high interest in green technologies and energy / power markets.