Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and its why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
Are you an investment operations professional searching for a rewarding opportunity to join a world-class asset manager? If you pride yourself on building positive relationships and being part of a hardworking team with elevated performance, look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Associate within Corporate Actions to join our high-performing team. You will benefit from our team who recognizes that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your skills, enthusiasm, and passion!
Our Global Corporate Actions team has primary operating centers in Edinburgh, Delaware, Gurgaon and Singapore. Our objective is to lead and provide a world-class Corporate Action service through the application of governance and controls crafted to mitigate risk to the Firm and our Clients. We operate as a single, global entity designed around a robust "pass-the-book" philosophy. This allows the effective and controlled transition of workload across our primary locations and enables us to have a good night's rest!
As an Associate, you will provide high quality Corporate Action service in accordance with our standard operating procedures to reduce risk to our clients and the firm. This is a multi-functional role where the team will manage the creation of events and own the corporate action process throughout the entire event lifecycle. You will serve as a liaison with BlackRock's Global Custodian network and work on BlackRock's proprietary operating platform, Aladdin, where there are multiple of applications including the Corporate Actions Manager (CAM). Responsibilities:
- Ensure that corporate action elections across APAC markets and asset types (equities, fixed income and derivatives) are captured, validated and confirmed in Aladdin.
- Resolve exceptions, adhere to daily controls and work together as a team to complete daily deliverables.
- Support the global "Pass The Book" strategy and partner with global colleagues to identify best practice in BlackRock's processes and drive consistency.
- Manage queries received from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Escalate all material risk items and service issues to the senior management on a timely basis.
- Work closely with business partners including other Investment Operations teams to ensure an efficient and effective workflow and adopt a 'One BlackRock' approach to problem solving.
- Perform provider governance so banks are in line with BlackRock's Target Operating Model.
- Be a Student of the Market by maintaining awareness of industry developments and how they impact BlackRock.
- Participate in local, regional and global projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred but not required).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Corporate Actions or an Investment Operations / Global Custody role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong client and partner service orientation.
- Strong risk mitigation attitude; ability to apply judgement as to when to raise issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Data Analytics skills preferred; coding knowledge (VBA,SQL, PYTHON, RPA) will be a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.