-Around 2 to 7 years of direct experience in Risk Management, with some of the relevant exposure covering liquidity risk, ops risk, financial risk, ERM, investment risk is required
- Exposure to control risk assessments (CSA) or risk governance assurance framework (RGAF)or internal control will be useful-Good external auditor cands with some exposure to risk or internal control assessment will be considered
Our client is a global player with an international presence. It is based in Tuas in Singapore.
It is recruiting for an experienced risk professional for its risk management/ ERM Dept. There is flexibility to hire at the Assistant Mgr (AM), or Manager or Senior manager (SM) for this role. You will design and implement the firm's risk management strategy, policies and programmes which are integral to the firm's ERM architecture.
For this role, you report to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and cover the following responsibilities. The role will require some travel but this will not be extensive. Risk Management Strategy and Execution
•Participates in the design, development and implementation of Risk Management strategy, policies and programmes through the identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting in the management of credit, compliance, strategic, investment and M&A risks
•Stays abreast of trends and developments in Risk Management, including the rollout of credit rating methodology and tool and constantly researching and using best practices in methodologies, analytics and models as benchmarks to improve the efficacy of current strategies and policies
•Participates in localising Group Policies in Overseas Yards and participates the policies updates to ensure the relevance and continuing currency
•Responsible for CSA and RGAF, reviewing and incorporating relevant updates to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's internal controls and risk management systems
•Ensures Risk Champions of Commercial Units, Local & Overseas Yards and Corporate Functions are apprised of risk's imperatives, priorities and processes to ensure they are performing their responsibilities well
•Oversees training workshops to build risk awareness and ownership culture across the organisation.
•Monitors the evaluation and delivery of risk management policies & programmes in supporting business objectives and implements corrective actions to address risk management issues Risk Identification and Evaluation
Risk Management, Monitoring and Reportin
- Drafts and updates policies and processes for mitigating, managing and reporting risks, being aware of occurring risk management trends and development in adapting best practices for team utilisation
- Oversees team responsible for identifying, analysing and evaluating risks through the utilisation of risk tools and techniques and participates in the rollout of RACI tables for new Risk Operating Model
- Provides operational support in assessing, grading and monitoring credit worthiness of the firm's stakeholders (i.e. existing and potential customers, contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Collaborates with the appointed Risk Champions to conduct comprehensive stress tests to determine the probability, velocity and materiality of different scenarios in identifying exit strategies
- Oversees team reviews on risk papers for Board, EXCO, Senior Management Committee and all other applicable approval authorities and supports the finalisation and rollout of the approval paper template
- Leads risk analyses. Identify and assess risks (credit, compliance, strategic, investment, M&A etc), providing guidance as required
Risk Management Team Support
- Provides inputs for the company's risk metrics and tolerance limits, designs and implements credit/compliance risk dashboards, as well as reviews and mitigates risks of potential investments and M&A to ensure alignment with the company's latest risk appetite
- Manages monthly and quarterly reporting to the Board, Audit and Risk Committees, detailing and analysing exposures, providing comparisons and trends, prescribed and specific provisions, key risk issues and large exposure information
- Organises risk management meetings, including Credit Committee, ERM and PRM and supervises the preparation of risk materials required for the SMC, EXCO, BRC, Board and other meetings
- Participates in rollout of RACI tables for new Risk Operating Model and collaborates with Finance/ Treasury to design and implement dashboards for managing and reporting financial market and liquidity risks
- Monitors the evaluation and delivery of risk management policies & programmes in supporting business objectives and implements corrective actions to address risk management issues
- Leads biennial risk management survey, driving high completion rate to assess perception of Risk culture and effectiveness of ERM framework
•Works with other risk management team members to achieve functional objectives and deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics, Business or related field.
- Around 2 to 7 years of direct experience in Risk Management, with some of the relevant exposure covering ERM or BCP or credit risk or counterparty risk gained in large corporates or consulting firms.
- Cands with the added CFA qualification or RGAF experience will be highly preferred.
- Good data analytical skills and sound ERM knowledge.
- Exposure to risk management work gained with a public listed company is very relevant (but not a must)
- Familiar with risk management and process improvement tools and techniques
- Agile in learning
- Energetic, with the ability to drive results and define challenging goals for own unit based on thorough analysis of future opportunities
- Has good presentation and communication skills.
- Open to working in the Western part of Singapore (at Tuas)
- Open to the official work hours: Mon to Thurs: 7.30am to 5.15pm; Fri: 7.30am to 4.15pm and the requirement to work some long hours when required. The co provides bus pick services island wide (incl pick ups at MRT stations).
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to email@example.com . Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)
Date ad is posted - 9 January 2023