Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
This role will sit within the Fundamental Fixed Income (FFI) team that is responsible for managing Blackrock's Fixed Income portfolios. This role will be focused on a combination of credit research as well as managing the fundamental fixed income Asia strategies. The team liaises closely with the Global Fixed Income platform and the local Asia fixed income teams and is responsible for the portfolio construction process and ensuring that Credit and Fixed Income portfolios are managed effectively and in a consistent and risk-controlled manner. Responsibilities:
- Manage and support Fundamental Fixed Income (FFI) Active Asia strategies via top down portfolio construction and bottom up positioning that reflects the views whilst taking into account the account level investment objective and restrictions
- Work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders across platform and portfolio management to build out a best practice for a scalable robust portfolio management investment process
- Play a pivotal role in the further development of the Active franchise, partnering with the investment team across the FFI platform amongst others to drive the ongoing enhancement of the investment process and platform while delivering on investment objectives.
- Maintain and monitor top-down portfolio construction and consistency across the portfolios with the portfolio strategy and team views.
- Primary key objective is to deliver stable and consistent returns to key stakeholders.
- Propose and manage orders and trade ideas by working closely with senior portfolio managers and trading desk.
- Invest daily client subscriptions and ensure redemptions are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Maintain overall portfolio compliance and organize the resolution of issues with the appropriate individuals.
- Establish strong business relationships with numerous internal teams (BRS, GPAS, Operations, Compliance, Onboarding, Trading, RQA, etc.)
- Work closely with the team's product specialists on new product/mandate development from conception through to portfolio onboarding.
- Monitor portfolio performance and undertake attribution analysis as required.
- Minimum of 7 years' industry experience focused on the Asia investment universe with a strong focus on Asia Fixed Income. Candidates with more experience may be considered for a Director level role.
- Strong knowledge of the financial markets, with familiarity in fixed income products and investing.
- A strong demonstrable record of applying fundamentally driven views across Asia credit and fixed income investments and derivatives (e.g. CDS) to generate alpha
- Solid understanding of Asia credit and fixed income markets including in depth knowledge of credit market dynamics and individual names as well as a strong knowledge of primary market issuance and engagement with key counterparts
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your investment views and positioning to a varied audience
- Knowledge of Aladdin tools, particularly Portfolio Construction, RACE, Tableau, Portfolio Monitor, PRISM and Aladdin Dashboard preferable.
- Excellent quantitative skills; proficient with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg experience a plus.
- Language: Fluent in English and Mandarin is key. Other local languages a benefit.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.