Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With more than US$1.2 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe that multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Investment Strategy (iStrat) group is part of Wellington's Investment Platform, and is responsible for multi-factor, multi-asset, multi-manager and custom solutions research and portfolio management. The group provides bespoke research and advice across various topics such as fundamental factors, asset allocation, thematic investing and manager research, and manages over $25bn of outcome oriented, factor, and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients.
As part of continued growth, we are seeking to recruit an Investment Strategy Analyst (Analyst) to join the Fundamental Factor sub-team. The Analyst will be primarily focused on helping the team to conduct internal manager research, but will also contribute to the team's factor research, strategic solutions proposals, and client analytics capabilities. The role will entail investment management, risk management and portfolio construction concepts, and demonstrated interest in learning these concepts is important.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* 1-5 years of relevant professional experience;
* Curiosity about drivers of investment outcomes in fundamental investment strategies;
* Proven ability to ramp in analytics, and technology competency. Demonstrated agility and experience working with data and processes in a highly effective manner;
* Familiarity with programming skills (e.g. Python) is required, and experience with business intelligence tools would be advantageous;
* Intellectual curiosity, and a passion for rigorous research, capital markets, and the intersection of technology and investment management;
* Ability to thrive in a multi-faceted, fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines;
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a highly collaborative team, where respectful debate is encouraged to best deliver client outcomes;
* Strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential traits, as are versatility and creative problem solving skills;
* Ability to communicate effectively, for example written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
* Familiarity with risk management and portfolio construction techniques would be advantageous (e.g. knowledge of common industry tools such as Barra, Axioma, etc.).
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .