RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for an individual with a passion to learn, innovate and apply quantitative skills to very complex and seldom documented problems. This individual will have an opportunity to learn about cutting edge problems investment banks are currently facing to optimise their capital and liquidity footprint. You will be given the opportunity to drive projects with direct and quantifiable PnL impact to the bottomline of the division and of the firm. OUR IMPACT Resource management Strats:
The Resource Management Strats Group is central to management decisions made by senior business leaders within Global Banking & Markets, create actionable strategies to enhance business performance, and drive cross-business initiatives along with the leadership team. The group works across various functions (liquidity management, capital allocation, Fee and Expenses optimization etc.) Funding and Capital Optimisation Strats:
For this position, we are looking for an Analyst or Associate. The individual will focus on the optimization of scarce resources (Capital and Liquidity) and should demonstrate strong statistical, quantitative modelling, and programming skills as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. The current portfolio of projects has a significant impact to the bottom line of the firm but because of the very bespoke nature of the mandate of the team, there is embedded flexibility to onboard any new ideas with commercial impact. HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Create innovative models and calculators to help drive our Capital and Liquidity optimisation effort across Global Banking & Markets with initial exposure to Macro Businesses and eventual exposure to all the businesses in Global Banking & Markets.
- Apply Numerical optimisation techniques to the minimisation of the firm's scarce resources (capital, initial margin, contingent liquidity).
- Deep understanding of regulatory capital, methodology, and model implementation
- Interact with business leaders to explain your findings and drive their implementation.
- Strong academic background in quantitative fields
- Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics
- Strong programming background in a structured language (e.g. C/C++, Python, Java)
- Interest in financial markets/products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Commercial focus, team oriented, self-motivated - Ability to solve problems and to explain the ideas that underlie them to clients and colleagues - Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on a trading desk
- Exposure to recent regulatory developments (CCAR, Basel III, Balance Sheet, LCR, NSFR)
- Intellectual curiosity, follow through.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity