GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Data Strategy Group
We build our data architecture in a robust operational environment with scale and efficiency. Data is meaningful in a functional, discoverable, and accessible format to power GIC's innovative investment strategies. Data Engineering
You will help to engineer outstanding data solutions to deliver data services at scale. Using modern and innovative data technologies, the team enables GIC colleagues to securely, and seamlessly access data.
You will strive to build a high-performance enterprise data infrastructure, and create a results-driven approach with data products. What will you do as an VP, Team Lead, Data Engineering?
What makes you a successful candidate?
- Design and deliver robust and scalable data products and services for the enterprise, to enable the ingestion, analysis, and consumption of highly varied and voluminous data
- Lead a multi-functional team that adopts the working backwards approach to understand stakeholders' challenges, and to come up with modern and robust solutions
- Apply core engineering and devops concepts to create scalable and secure architectures that can support evolving business problems and needs
- Manage the resources (both budget and staffing) needed for delivery
Work at the Point of Impact
- Possess Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience in developing a data stack that is scalable, secure, resilient, and mission critical
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Java, Scala)
- Strong understanding of big data technologies, and hands-on experience of building data solutions using modern architectures e.g., containerization, Cloud services.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning models and ability to manage the models is a plus
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. GIC is a Great Place to Work
At GIC, we believe sustainable high performance is driven by high expectations and a commitment to excellence, as well as empowerment and flexibility. As such, we currently operate under a hybrid model in which most employees spend 3 days in office and 2 days working from home each week. This balance allows us to preserve the 'office as a hub' for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection, while giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work and be their best selves. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives to meaningfully enrich perspectives of GIC teams to drive competitive performance. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution.
Learn more about our Data Strategy Group Department here: https://gic.careers/group/data-strategy-group/