LGPS Central Limited is a fund management company, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), managing the pooled assets of nine Midlands-based local government pension funds.
With combined assets of approximately £45bn, and representing the retirement savings of over 900,000 scheme members across over 2000 employers, LGPS Central Limited's Partner Funds are; Cheshire Pension Fund, Derbyshire Pension Fund, Leicestershire Pension Fund, Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, Shropshire Pension Fund, Staffordshire Pension Fund, West Midlands Pension Fund, West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority Pension Fund, and Worcestershire Pension Fund.
Our objective is to be a leading investment management company working with and for our Partner Funds. With a focus on value for money and performance we want to aspire to be one of the best because this is how we will deliver the superior investment returns and low costs for our Partner Funds.The Role
We are currently seeking to recruit a Private Debt - Portfolio Manager to be based in the Wolverhampton offices of LGPS Central Limited. The successful candidate will join our Private Markets team working on the Private Debt Fund but may be asked to cover other asset classes such as property, infrastructure and private equities.
The role will involve originating, analysing, performing due diligence and monitoring investments.
The Private Debt team plays a key role in helping Partner Funds meet their strategic investment allocation aims as well as their return targets. The role is challenging and rewarding and requires a competent, experienced, analytical, self-starter who can effectively support the team deliver its objectives.Requirements
The ideal candidate will hold a degree level qualification and/or a relevant industry qualification with experience of and knowledge of financial analysis of private debt investments of 5 years plus
- Experience of investment/financial analysis within private markets, preferably gained with an asset manager or other financial institution.
- Demonstrated skill in originating, analysing and recommending investments, documenting the rationale for making investments and monitoring them once selected.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- First class interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
What do we offer?
- Relevant degree and/or professional qualification
- IMC gained and working towards CFA, CAIA or similar qualification or relevant investment experience would be a plus.
We are proud to provide our people with a premium and exclusive benefits package and we are continually improving the rewards we offer. Here are a few of the valuable rewards that you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days' paid holiday plus bank holidays
- 2 days paid volunteering days.
- An extra paid Company Day in addition to paid holidays
- Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Welfare and Family-friendly policies
- An enhanced and generous Pension Scheme
- Enhanced pay for new parents
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Hybrid Working
- Brand New Office Space