Municipal Credit Analyst/Trader
- Segall Bryant & Hamill
- Chicago or Denver
- he salary for this position generally ranges between $75k – 125k. This range is an estimate, based o
- Jan 06, 2023
- Feb 05, 2023
- Job Function
- Actuarial Services, Banking, Brokerage, Corporate Finance, Credit Analysis, Economics, Fixed Income Research: Buy Side, Fixed Income Research: Sell Side, Other, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Trading
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Who We Are:
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an investment firm with locations in Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, Philadelphia and Naples, Florida. For more than a quarter century, SBH has been helping investors realize their long-term investment objectives through a time-tested, disciplined process. We offer a wide range of investment strategies and aim to build long-lasting relationships with our clients in the wealth management, intermediary, and institutional spaces.
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Your Next Opportunity:
Category: Fixed Income
Employment Type: Full time
Level: Mid Level
Location: Chicago, IL or Denver, CO
Work Type: Hybrid
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado may have a different compensation mix. The salary for this position generally ranges between $75k – 125k. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2. Bonus Eligibility: This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
Segall Bryant and Hamill is seeking a Municipal Credit Analyst/Trader to join their Fixed Income team. Segall Bryant & Hamill’s municipal offerings span the entire maturity range and credit spectrum and are available in both Separately Managed Accounts as well as Fund vehicles. The ideal candidate must be eager to develop their skills and knowledge across the entire municipal fixed income investment discipline. This role will be part of a small team that has been growing. We anticipate that the success of our clients will in turn provide growth and career enhancement opportunities for all members of our team.
The chosen candidate will be instrumental in continuing to build out proficiencies and contribute to the growth of the business. Demonstrated experience across all is not mandatory, however being passionate about having a career in the municipal market and strong desire to learn are.
- Continue to build out broad quantitative municipal credit coverage across sectors Research and maintain models for municipal sectors and credits Take specific views and make sector and credit recommendations for portfolio managers’ consideration
- Competency and desire to learn trading mechanics of all facets of the municipal bond market Provide timely and efficient fixed trade execution on behalf of portfolio managers Work directly with settlements, operations, and compliance to ensure proper order flow post execution, monitor risk parameters set by clients, and improve overall communication Generate reports and tracking various trading and portfolio related information
- Will be responsible for various analytics and reporting responsibilities for portfolios utilizing Bloomberg, Bondedge and Advent Communicate with sales and marketing to generate routine as well as ad hoc requests
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all marketing materials and communicating with compliance, sales and marketing Preparing quarterly as well as ad hoc graphs and presentations for clients
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Finance or a related discipline. 3-to-5-year experience in a fast-paced data intensive environment Proficient in Microsoft Office with an Intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel CFA or working towards designation(s) preferred but not required Pro-active approach to accuracy and high attention to details. Analytical skills with the ability to dig in Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines and time sensitive requests. Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in using financial technology (i.e. Bloomberg, BondEdge, Excel)
More searches like this
- Actuarial Services Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Banking Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Brokerage Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Corporate Finance Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Credit Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs