Overview of Division/Department
Mizuho AOPD department has various sections. PQM is one of the sections which focus more on Productivity and Quality work via digital transformation, workflow transformation, Risk mitigation etc. PQM section consists of Innovation team, OpsRisk and BCM team. This position is for the BCM team's transformation initiative. This BCM transformation team will sit outside of the Mizuho's IT department, but will still work closely with members from that department. Reason for the formation of this team outside of IT is because the IT Department has to support the entire bank (including infrastructure, Support, security, BAU etc.) and may not have the bandwidth or expertise to dedicate resources to the Asia & Oceania Platform Department's BCP office.
Mizuho runs a Corporate Banking (with quasi-investment Banking) business here in Singapore. Singapore is the regional HQ while Japan is the global HQ with approximately 900 staff locally. Mizuho covers all major Corporate Banking products including Loans, Cash, Trade, Treasury, Syndications etc. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Mizuho is looking for to strengthen the Application support in the BCP office by introducing the new Control Tower coordinator role. This role acts an application/business support coordinator, will be a part of Run Control Tower Team, which is a gatekeeper for production availability, stability, BCM and as well as support. Strive for continuous improvement in order to improve the quality of service regarding application production matters for back office, middle office and front office BAU. BCP Office
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Gatekeeper for the production stability and quality
- Monitoring the Crisis management/Incident management
- Support BCM PIC and work collaboratively with the other team members within the BCM team.
- Lead crisis conference calls - Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with business units to identify the issue (e.g. system or facility) and impact to the organization
- Facilitate or conduct training on business continuity and crisis exercise to test the readiness of senior executives and business units in dealing with crisis.
- To liaise with Head Office in Japan in case of escalation
- Support BCM PIC and BCM Team on any ad hoc matter
- Attend various meetings related to BCM/BCP and prepare the business team for any of the migration, decommission and new strategic on-going projects
- Ability to prepare simple report/presentation of the incident/crisis
- At least 3 to 6 years of working experience in Crisis Management / IT Application support in the banking and financial institutions
- Good technical and business knowledge of incident and problem management.
- Has (Ask, Acquire, Analyze and Action ) to solve the production issue collaborating with various stakeholders by managing cross-functional and/or cross-team local and Head Office application/projects.
- Knowledge of the local and international standards and framework related to Business Continuity Management, Crisis Management and IT Disaster Recovery.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and structured with excellent communications skills
- Able to handle situations under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Have good confidence in handling a variety of stakeholders like operations, front office, Compliance, IT team, Developers etc.
- Japanese-speaking ability as a plus, but not a requirement.