The ability to adapt, respond and embrace change in an environment where change has never been more prevalent is a key focus at Macquarie Group.
As such, there has never been a more exciting time to join our Projects & Change team, responsible for executing the Transformation of our Finance function. To achieve our transformation goals, we focus on partnership, uplifting our people, investing in data, automation, and technology solutions. What impact would you have?
As a Project Coordinator you will have the opportunity to develop your project management skillset, working alongside our passionate and experienced team of Project Managers and Business Analysts.
Working as a part of a dedicated project team, you will provide support to the team and your responsibilities will include:
Project database administration:
- Update project status, risk/issues log and track project milestones on a weekly basis
- Regularly review and maintain accurate project resource allocation
- Consult with the global project and change team to ensure alignment of processes
- Maintain financial and non-financial benefits
- Identify dependencies amongst projects
- Prepare governance materials to progress project to the next stage
- Assist Project Managers with business approval documentation including collating information, tracking progress, and engaging stakeholders
- Prepare meeting content, take minutes, and track actions for weekly project meetings, steering committee meetings, lessons learnt and other central team meetings
- Create project folder structure on SharePoint to ensure effective document control
- Maintain leave calendar for projects including maintenance outages and global holidays
- Prepare actual versus forecast spend analysis monthly and review with project managers/portfolio directors
- Attend regular finance meeting and follow up actions
- Request cost centres for new projects and close them when the project finishes
- Consult with admin team to process project invoices
This varied role will also see you assisting the Business Manager with onboarding new starters and event planning. You will also be the main point of contact for records management activities. What skills do you need?
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Finance, Projects or Consulting professionals who are passionate about transformation and interested in building a career within Project Management and who have the desire to take ownership in this role.
Other skills that you possess include:
- demonstratable project experience in financial services sector as a Project Coordinator
- have a desire to solve problems whilst demonstrating an excellent eye for detail and curiosity to investigate deeper when required
- possess sufficient drive to take the lead on preparing updates/presentations and to see projects through to successful delivery
- be tenacious in following up team members for updates
- have a compliance mindset and the drive to ensure tasks are completed to a high standard
- have strong Microsoft Office skills across Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint
We are curious, generous, and bold in our approach problem solving - if you share in this ethos, we would love to discuss what a career with Macquarie can look like! About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.