Who we are looking for
Corporate Actions Research Administrator (A2)
Based in Edinburgh as member of State Street's Corporate Actions Research team you are responsible for the delivery of notification services to our global custody and middle office clients and investment managers.
The candidate will be responsible for the accurate capture and validation of corporate actions announcements, client inquiries and ensuring reporting deliverables are resolved within client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Working in a global team, the candidate will liaise with colleagues and providers across multiple time zones.
An understanding of the 'end to end' Corporate Actions workflow is desirable.
Full training will be provided. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Corporate Actions Research Administrator you will
What we value
- Working in a global team you will be required to liaise with colleagues and providers across multiple time zones
- Responsible for the delivery of notification services to our global custody and middle office clients and investment managers.
- Responsible for the accurate capture and validation of corporate actions announcements, client inquiries and ensuring reporting deliverables are resolved within agreed quality standards.
- Provide timely and accurate notification of Corporate Action events
- Prioritise workload to ensure all daily tasks are completed
- Collate and review daily reporting
- Ensure timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues
- Participate in projects and initiatives aimed at improving the Corporate Actions product
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Deliver effective client service
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Detail oriented and accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer focused approach
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Team player
About State Street What we do.
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience of Corporate Actions in a custody and/or middle office environment (preferred)
- Educated to a degree level (preferred)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organisation and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers