Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.Background
In this role you will be part of the Derivatives and Trading Operations team which supports all trading at Jupiter including Equity, Fixed Income, FFX and Derivatives. The team is responsible for trade matching, confirmation, and settlement as well all various post trade functions; collateral management, trade and position services, interpretation and implementation of regulations, maintaining legal agreements, onboarding new derivative instruments and providing specialist input on derivative strategies when required.Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- Trade Matching, Settlement, and Confirmation across a wide variety of instruments.
- Assist with the effective control and oversight of all trading across Jupiter portfolios.
- Trade lifecycle and position management within the Investment Book of Record.
- Collateral/Margin Management.
- Maintain relationships with service providers such as brokers, administrators, custodians, trustees.
- Ensure effective responses are provided to Fund Manager portfolio queries and provide them with relevant information to manage their funds.
- Development and production of MI and commentary.
- Work closely with fund management and other internal stakeholders to deliver new products and instruments.
- Assist the team with resource and support for upcoming projects in line with company strategy and to support development and implementation of new and existing regulation.
- Help develop and refine operational processes in line with business change and industry development.
Additional Role Details
- Good experience of Derivatives and Trading Operations.
- Thorough understanding of a variety of instruments, with proven experience of operational support of such instruments including all lifecycle events.
- Experience of delivering change.
- Ability to investigate issues and proactively problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with confidence at all levels of the business.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- A flexible and team orientated approach to work.
- Strong general IT skills, including a sound working knowledge of Aladdin and industry standard derivatives tools.
This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.