Who we are looking for
Global Treasury Risk Management (GTRM), a team within State Street's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department, is looking for an experienced treasury risk professional. The primary focus of the position will be the independent risk oversight and assessment of State Street's treasury risks in the UK.
The goal of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department is to ensure that State Street's risks are proactively identified, well-understood, and prudently managed in support of our business strategy. As such, ERM provides risk oversight, support, and coordination to ensure consistent identification, measurement and management of all risks arising from the provision of products and services to our clients. Global Treasury Risk Management (GTRM) acts as the business-aligned risk function focused on these responsibilities for the activities of the Global Treasury department. Global Treasury core functions include managing the investment portfolio, asset-liability risk, liquidity risk, funding and liability pricing, capital structure, and rating agency relationships.
The mission of GTRM is to ensure that the treasury risks are properly identified, well-understood, and prudently managed within the context of the business strategy and stated risk appetite. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Global Treasury Risk head you will:
What we value
- The Head of Global Treasury Risk Management (GTRM) UK will be GTRM primary resource in the UK and will ensure the execution of the group's mandate. The role requires location in the UK and is a Certified role under the Financial Conduct Authority Senior Managers and Certification Regime
- Ensures strong ongoing risk oversight of the treasury risks (i.e., liquidity risk, interest rate risk and portfolio mark-to-market risk) for State Street's branch and legal entities in the UK
- Oversee the development of the treasury risk framework for the UK
- Leadership of Treasury Risk activities across UK legal entities and branches, implementing Global Treasury Risk Management methodologies, policies and procedures, adapted to local requirements as needed
- Oversight of day-to-day management of treasury risks, timely escalation of risk issues and ongoing monitoring of market events and potential impacts
- Adoption of standard valuation techniques and risk measurement tools to enhance balance sheet risk and capital management strategies consistent with requirements of UK management, Boards, markets and regulators
- Report and assess the impact of emerging local regulations regarding treasury risks
- Represent Treasury Risk in the interactions with regulators in the UK
- Represent Treasury Risk in local Executive Committees as necessary, as well as the UK in corporate committees
- Participate in business management forums, representing ERM's independent and objective perspective to support new product implementations
- Report on progress of risk framework enhancements and reporting to senior management and governance committees
- Oversee the enhancement of the risk oversight framework in the UK and the consolidated banking entity. Ensure proper implementation and oversight of compliance with regulations
- Perform independent reviews, risk limits calibration, and oversight and monitoring of the treasury risk in the UK. Perform analyses of balance sheets and assess the impact of any changes to its structure and/or composition Responsible for risk metrics and guidelines, collateral analyses, oversight of intraday liquidity activity and other elements of the treasury risk management framework
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Conducts and/or coordinates periodic risk management training for business unit personnel, provide ongoing guidance and direction to Business managers in developing and implementing Risk Management plans and objectives and drives a risk aware culture throughout the organization
- Promotes and supports a culture of effective challenge and drives a risk aware culture throughout the organization
- Maintains understanding of legal and regulatory developments and their impact on State Street's business operations and supports projects related to regulatory initiatives
- Coordinates and collaborates with other risk and control functions
- Develops and delivers risk management presentations internally and to clients
- Maintains the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements
About State Street What we do.
- 5-7+ years of experience in a banking organization, ideally within the treasury function, or aligned risk function of major bank
- Experience in liquidity risk at a banking organization required
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or other related field required
- Master's degree in economics, finance, or other related field, with quantitative background a plus
- Analytical background and good knowledge of standard analytical methods applied to finance
- Understanding of regulatory regimes and requirements for liquidity risk in the UK
- Good understanding of financial instruments and balance sheet management
- Ability to communicate effectively the results of independent risk reviews to business partners
- Self-starter with willingness to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Independent and critical thinking skills and strong financial acumen
- Team player with unquestionable integrity and ethical standards
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects at once. Ability to pivot quickly for urgent requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS applications
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers