About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
The EMEA Product team is responsible for managing the pooled fund range from initial idea through approval and launch and into the post-launch product lifecycle. This role involves:
• On-going monitoring of products through the full lifecycle with emphasis on quantitative and qualitative analysis in the context of the evolving regulatory environment.
• Making informed recommendations to improve products and customer outcomes with a focus on Value Assessments and commerciality.
• Maintaining and analysing original "golden source" product management data and information and acquiring additional internal and external data to support the delivery of product change.
• Communication with colleagues across the Global Asset Management business, and externally, in sourcing and sharing product management information and data, as required, to support product development and management activity.
• Supporting the Head of Institutional & Alternatives Product to mitigate risk associated with the product range during the entire product lifecycle.
• Maintaining and improving defined product processes and procedures.
How you'll spend your time...
• Lifecycle Product Monitoring:
- Responsible for the iterative monitoring of the Institutional and Alternatives product set with support from product managers and colleagues in related functions, including 5P and Investment Risk.
- Investigating issues; identifying remedies and recommendations.
- Identify products/share classes that may warrant rationalisation (closure/merger) and escalate to the Head of Institutional and Alternatives Product.
• Value Assessments
- Helping with the rolling programme of Value Assessments for the institutional fund range .
- Sourcing, collating and analysing data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Working with the Head of Institutional and Alternatives Product to identify remedies and recommendations to improve product competitiveness and customer outcomes.
• Product Team Data Management & Control:
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining Product Team records of Fund OCFs (Costs & Charges); fund target benchmarks; comparator benchmarks and performance targets; the fund risk disclosure matrix.
- Responding to fund life cycle events including launches; mergers; closures and other changes
- Represent the Product team at the Data Governance Working Group, contributing and advising on agenda items and escalating to other areas of Product if necessary.
- Representing EMEA Product in Global data projects and initiatives.
- Manage Product processes to ensure effective communication to colleagues across the business. (Processes include Benchmark Change; Fund Manager Change; Pooled Fund Capacity Management).
• Fund Charges Advisory Group:
- Attend meetings; assist with terms of reference; agendas and minutes with support from product managers.
- Liaise with Investment Oversight in the monitoring and benchmarking of fund OCFs and charges in the context of the Value Assessment framework and the competitive environment.
- Monitor and manage price caps and subsidies of fund charges in conjunction with Finance and Investment Oversight
- Participate in regular reviews of Fees and Charges in conjunction with Finance and Distribution to align with Value Assessments and Board reporting
- Understand the impact posed by regulatory changes, the growing requirements in disclosure of costs and charges, and recommend appropriate actions to the Heads of Product.
• Project Support:
- Managing Information Requests and Reporting for the Product Management team, including but not limited to: AIFMD Reporting; TCF Reporting; RCC Dashboards
- Represent Product in data-intensive cross-functional projects and initiatives, globally
To be successful in this role you will have...
• Experience of dealing with and challenging data issues to improve quality
• Highly numerate and analytical; able to source, analyse and interpret a wide variety of data
• Presentation skills - ability to compile and present data in a clear, accurate and concise format to influence decisions up to board level
• Team work - able to work with and challenge colleagues across functions to develop solutions to complex problems
• Able to develop and improves processes and procedures as required
• Fast learner and a commitment to Continuous Professional Development