S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
The individual in this role is responsible for day-to-day reporting of the Asian steel markets, which include steel longs, flats, and scrap products . Learn how steel plays an important role in global industries and be at the forefront of reporting critical steel market trends and price developments. He or she will be responsible for every aspect of market reporting, including the collection and publication of primary market information, running an assessment process, assessing the value of a variety of markets, reporting market-related news, writing commentary and analysis, contributing to methodology development and engaging with market sources. The Impact:
The individual in this position will be part of the Commodity Insights metals market reporting team based in Singapore. The key role is to gather pricing information and market intelligence, and then forming that information into price assessments and published market commentaries, news updates and in-depth analysis stories. The Career Opportunity:
Commodity Insights has a strong global brand and established assessment methodology. You'll be joining the well-respected metals markets reporting team in Singapore and will gain exposure to multiple metals products and develop a deep understanding of the Asian steel industry. The Team / The Business:
You'll work with global metals teams in Singapore, Japan, Australia, Shanghai, London, Washington, New York and Brazil. Your Skills:
The ideal candidate will have p roven analytical ability and is comfortable with handling numbers. Possess exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced newsroom. Strong written and verbal communication, analysis, and presentation skills. Candidates with a background in steel market analytics or pricing, an understanding of Asian steel markets, knowledge of trading strategies and derivatives markets, will have an advantage. Our Hiring Manager says:
"The individual will join the team that produces a wide range of Commodity Insights' steel and metals assessments. He or she will be responsible for producing key steel assessments, as well as contributing to a variety of other regional steel assessments in one of the world's leading metals pricing services. Responsibilities:
- Gathers commodity price information, produces price assessments/indices, writes commentary and market analysis
- Assess the value of prices fully in line with Platts' rigorous and published methodologies
- Follows price trends and reports on those trends at end of day or throughout the trading day as necessary
- Reports news stories affecting structural market changes which affect price assessments
- Maintain high quality, timely and real-time stream of news and pricing feed
- Work closely with news desk, managers and others to identify news stories about issues affecting market prices
- Develops, expands and maintains sources and contact relevant to the market area of coverage
- Effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or similar level university degree
- Strong numeric skills, excellent English writing skills, preferably with prior training in pricing, trading and/or analytics
- Experience or knowledge in steel markets will be an advantage
- Must be proficient in spoken Mandarin; ability to read and write Mandarin a plus as the role will require close communication with the China market
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277914 Posted On: