Global Transaction Services Apprentice
London, United Kingdom Job Description & Programme Overview
Our Apprentice programme starts in September 2023
, you will join our Global Transaction Services (GTS) division working in a full-time role in either our Revenue management or Supply Chain Finance (SCF) Programme Management team whilst studying with one of our trusted learning providers. You will spend most of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant and valuable skills, and contributing to exciting projects whilst also following an established apprenticeship programme, graduating after four years with a Level 6 Financial Services Professional Apprenticeships,
which includes a Degree in Applied Finance.
Apprentices evolve during the programme based on their career aspirations and depending on how quickly their technical and soft skills develop. We encourage apprentices to take advantage of employee networks, mentorship and all other resources made available to them to accelerate their career.
Successful apprentices will continuously relate what they are learning with their work at Bank of America, as they progress through their degree program.
GTS is a core business for Bank of America ' s global franchise. The GTS business provides global working capital solutions including liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to three million small businesses, thousands of middle market companies, and to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
As an Apprentice
within Global Transaction Services, you will work closely with GTS professionals on strategic business initiatives and projects. You may be asked to help with managing projects, prepare presentation and other materials to support delivery of proposals to clients/prospective clients, conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research, participate in meetings/calls with clients and follow up any action points where required, support the team to solve client needs and generate revenue for the Bank. As the successful applicant, you will have the following behaviours and competencies:
To be eligible for the apprentice program, you will:
- The desire to learn with demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies
- Ability to display clear motivation for exploring a career within financial services
- Ability to demonstrate capacity for creative thinking, problem solving and the ability to deal with competing priorities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Displaying evidence of strong teamwork
- Hold or predict to achieve at least 3 A levels/BTEC or equivalent with a minimum of 104 UCAS points
- Have at least a grade C or 5 in Maths and English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Be a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- Have the right to workand remain in the UK indefinitely
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- Have not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
The world of technology is evolving fast. Together, we can help shape it to be smarter, safer and more accessible.
Here at Bank of America, we are developing innovations in emerging fields like virtual reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Through our cutting-edge projects and prototypes, we help all kinds of businesses to access finance more safely, rapidly and globally than ever. And, we support our people while they make the world of technology better, too.
Join us and we will help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn and grow. You will work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we will ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you are as passionate as we are about changing the world of technology, this could be the opportunity for you.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one - and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we are proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve. What if I need workplace adjustments?
We ' re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We will get back to you within two business days. We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package