Legal Entity Controller - Your Impact
As a Legal Entity Controller you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring for a range of our legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their business strategies, products and associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements.
We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Controllers team in London, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our entities' assets and profitability in a challenging and varied environment. Controllers - Our Impact
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Whether Legal Entity Controllers are ensuring the integrity of our entities' financial information, facilitating the firm's consolidation, or offering analytical and regulatory support, our work will contribute directly to the firm's success.
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department have the opportunity to experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated information technology systems on a daily basis. If you are keen to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to further your career.
The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy working in a strong team focused culture, and are motivated by opportunities for challenging stretch assignments. You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, to ensure your ongoing professional development and have exposure to - and support from - senior members of our team from the outset. Responsibilities
Skills and experience
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders (predominantly under US GAAP and IFRS).
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including resolving complex technical accounting matters and disclosure requirements, and liaising with external auditors.
- Facilitating the quarterly consolidated reporting of the Goldman Sachs Group with regular interaction with Financial Reporting in New York.
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Corporate Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Transfer Pricing, in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity.
- Understanding the business and keeping up-to-speed with business developments and being able to communicate this effectively to team members.
- Proactively seeking to improve manual processes and management reporting
- Involvement in a broad range of department-wide projects and initiatives as well as cross-departmental initiatives.
- Academic degree in finance or business administration.
- Preference of professional experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Good knowledge of accounting rules (IFRS / US GAAP).
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition, the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong computing skills - comfortable with large data sets.
- Strong communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority.
- Self-motivated and proactive - Ability to run with issues, get involved and be hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback.
- Ability to maintain mutual support within a high energy, high profile team.
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues.
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.