Senior Application Developer for BestX, AVP
State Street Digital-GlobalLink
BestX® is a technology company, delivering independent open-architecture real-time analytics, that operate autonomously from any liquidity provider or execution venue. Our analytics create a level playing field across which clients can assess and compare the quality of their FX, Fixed Income, and Equities trades and demonstrate best execution. We are recognized by more than 120 clients as the Industry Standard for TCA & Best Execution Analytics. Our Clients are Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks & Sovereign Wealth Funds. We help Clients to Define, Achieve, Evidence and Record a process of Best Execution . Founded in 2016, BestX has won the Risk Market Technology Award for Best Execution product of the year 5 consecutive times since 2017.
As a Senior UI Developer lead for BestX, the ideal candidate will be:
- Responsible for implementation and delivery of new UI features, services and enhancements to the BestX product
- Exhibit superior skills in modern Agile, Cloud-based, Web Development.
- Develop understanding in the area of Transaction Cost Analysis and key benchmarks required for MiFID and MiFIR
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the application and influencing technology decisions
- Responsible for taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through completion
- Responsible for establishing best practices, clean-code and design patterns.
- Be passionate about driving change through an organization
- A proponent of Test Driven Development always striving to Shift Left so as to facilitate effective CI/CD
- Individual should have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent
- 5+ Years Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design, distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases such as PostGres
- 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proven knowledge/expertise in FX/Fixed Income/Equity/ Equity Derivatives products
- Hands-on experience in building multi-platform UI products with effective interaction and innovative user journeys.
- Hands-on experience working with AWS and/or other modern cloud based infrastructure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.