WHO WE ARE
Quanteam Group is a Consultancy firm specialising in the financial sector, in London, Paris, Brussels, New York and Singapore.
Since 2007, our 800 consultants provide our sector with expertise and capacity across different areas such as Financial Engineering and Quantitative Research, Regulations and Market Change, IT Transformation and Innovation.
Our major clients are Corporate & Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Financial Associations, Hedge Funds, Brokers, Trading Companies, and Insurance Companies.
The company participates in major Programs driven by Business, Technology and Regulatory initiatives, and we bring business advice through quantitative, risk, front office and organizational experience as well as IT expertise via Business Analysis, Development, Business Continuity and Change Management.
As part of Quanteam Group, Quanteam UK counts more than 90 consultants, delivering our expertise to major financial institutions in London.
Our client is one of the world's leading financial groups. They have a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
They conduct securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, they provide best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
The Operations division is core to all of business activities. Comprising of c.100 employees across London, New York and Hong Kong, the function consists of Middle Office, Settlements, Collateral Mgmt and Operational Control, covering a diverse product range including Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Futures.
EPD Finance is primarily responsible for financial accounting, JGAAP & USGAAP Financial reporting to Head Office, Regulatory Reporting to Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Bank of England (BoE), Financial Planning and Management Reporting, Treasury Finance Reconciliation & Reporting, Taxation and managing bank-wide SOX Programme to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
EPD Finance also proactively support and mentor Finance departments of other EMEA units in areas of Accounting, Taxation and Internal Controls.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for review of Application of Systems Development Forms and fixed assets coding in Concur (Payments Systems)
• Co-ordination and review of Technology suspense accounts process. This includes liaising with account owners to ensure validity and accuracy of individual account transactions and timely capitalization of assets, monitoring cost spend against budget, accruing, calculating withholding tax and markups, invoicing and following up on cash remittance for projects carried out in London on behalf of EMEA offices.
• Reporting of the Bank's financial guarantees and commitments.
• Assist in IFRS conversion of Japanese GAAP profit to IFRS profit (including ECL calculation based on IFRS 9 standards)
• Preparation and review of monthly closing journals, ledger adjustments and reconciliations.
• Half yearly Variable Interest Entity reporting
• Preparation of Financial Accounting Reports in order to support the Bank in meeting its deadlines to its various stakeholders
• Quarterly and semi-annual Japanese GAAP and US GAAP reporting preparation and review ensuring complete, accurate and timely preparation and submission of reports and following up with auditor queries.
• Adhoc projects
• Experience in banking/financial services within the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting functions
• Fixed assets reporting experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential Functional/Technical Competencies
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access) is essential for the role as well as exposure to accounting software packages.
• Good written and verbal skills
Education / Qualifications
• Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) - essential
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
• Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem-solving skills
• A creative and innovative approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
• Strong numerical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills