About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
The Columbia Threadneedle Equities Team is looking to recruit a new Senior Equities Research Analyst (Industrials) dedicated to European (including UK) research, working with both the UK Equities and European Equities Portfolio Management desks to improve our coverage of the European markets. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- To integrate relative value analysis and in-depth industry research into practical recommendations.
- Through primary research on broader industry trends and specific companies via expert calls, earnings calls, company visits, industry meetings, and sell-side events, the analyst will generate ideas that aid portfolio performance.
- Use effective communication to appropriately influence and share ideas with colleagues.
- Perform financial modelling of security, company and industry information and assumptions.
- Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research recommendations.
- Interact with management from firms within the sector, attending company meetings and conferences as needed.
- Play a part in team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
- Assist portfolio management teams in portfolio construction and risk management.
- European travel with Portfolio Managers/Analysts/CPM's, as required to conduct marketing and to meet clients/institutions.
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great....
- Considerable and shown Industrial experience in research for an Asset Management firm.
- Sophisticated communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers and Analyst colleagues and to work well with company management teams, as the need arises.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry and economic analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Excel and database management.
- Ability to build detailed earnings models and written reports to support stock rankings.
- Diverse knowledge and experience of valuation methodologies.
- Significant proficiency in financial modelling.
- CFA, ACA or MBA.
- Previous experience as a buy-side equity analyst.