Research Associate, Equities
- QV Investors Inc.
- Calgary (City), Alberta (CA)
- Jan 04, 2023
- Feb 03, 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position: Research Associate, Equities
Deadline: 4:00 PM MDT, February 3, 2023
# of Pos: 1
Start Date: Winter 2023
Location: Calgary, AB
QV Investors is an employee owned, discretionary investment management firm that is committed to investing in our people. Founded in 1996, QV stands for “Quality” and “Value”, characteristics that resonate through the firm’s culture and investment principles.
QV currently has an opening for a Research Associate to support our investment team in the analysis of equities. The Research Associate role entails supporting the Investment Committee in various functions including risk management, performance attribution, research, and analysis of current and prospective investments, constructing and maintaining financial models, engaging with company management as well as conducting calls and meetings with analysts and industry experts, supporting client service, and other administrative duties as needed.
Preference will be for individuals with a keen interest in investing. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and adopt QV’s investment philosophy and process, while embracing QV’s team-based culture and supporting an environment of mutual respect and shared rewards.
Requirements from potential candidates for this position are as follows:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including intermediate to above average knowledge of Excel, accounting, and finance
- Superior communication skills
- Team oriented individual who is willing to take initiative and accept increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- Completion or partial completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in investment research, accounting, investment banking or related financial services
- An abiding curiosity for business, investments, and people
- A commitment to community and interests outside investing
- Self-motivated while demonstrating a commitment to success
QV Investors wishes to provide the opportunity for a long lasting and rewarding career in our organization. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will become a full member of the QV Investors team and become an integral part of the future growth in the firm’s business.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the heading “Research Associate, Equities”. We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Further information about QV Investors Inc. can be found on our website at www.qvinvestors.com.