The purpose of this role is to own, drive and deliver the target organisational design in line with the 7IM business strategy. You'll interpret and contextualise strategy for operational needs, helping bridge the gap between strategy and execution. You'll assess and bring together the work of others to ensure we are delivering maximum impact whilst overcoming known business/ operational challenges to achieve the best possible outcomes for our business and our users over the short and long term.
This involves working closely with key Heads of department e.g., Head of Operations, Head of Strategy and Proposition, IT Strategy, and Head of Digital to understand the business needs and translate these into clearly defined target operating models for the business analysts to deliver against. Responsibilities
Team & Direct reports
- Apply and utilise business modelling methods to help identify gaps in organisation capabilities which can be used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Using a data driven approach, presenting objective analysis to show how business capabilities are, and could be, supported.
- Identify, document, and maintain the business model in an accessible and usable format ensuring that it is regarded as the definitive source of information about the business operations.
- Design and drive the to be business operating model required to achieve the 7IM vison/strategy
- Identify opportunities for simplification and rationalisation of processes
- Continually review and collate feedback from the business areas to understand key processes, challenges, and risks to the operating model
- Document and define tactical and strategic proposals to support the conceptual business operating model
- Work closely with Proposition managers, Digital product managers, and Head of Operational Change
- Overall responsibility for the business analysis function, eliciting and capturing of clear business requirements, operational process flows and training material and achieve the conceptual business operating model ensuring a consistent and best practice process is followed.
- Adherence, at all times, to the Treating Customers Fairly policy as implemented by 7IM.
- Act consistently in accordance with 7IM's Vision, Purpose and Values
- Adherence to all applicable compliance regulations
- Other, as reasonably required by your line manager and 7IM
About The CandidateSkills
- Responsible for ensuring the team are working on the right priorities
- Ensure the team are collaborating and creative thinking with key stakeholders
- Delegate relevant responsibilities and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team, building an environment that encourages continuous improvement and innovation.
- Mentor and support the team through regular 121s and the quarterly review process
About The Company
- The ability to explain complexity in a clear, succinct way, providing advice and recommendations to influence decision making across stakeholders at all levels, including C-Suite.
- The ability to look beyond the immediate problem and identify the wider implications of a decision.
- Strong stakeholder management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong data manipulation & visualisation skills, with experience of ingesting data from multiple sources.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching skills offering the ability to get the best out of the team and develop their skills.
- Architecture / Business Design and Analysis modelling techniques, tools and standards.
- Problem solving, planning, prioritisation, decision making, delegation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the advice process and advisory market in the UK desirable
- Knowledge of latest technology within the operational area
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Experience of agile working practices and frameworks desirable
- Experience of working as a Business Architect or significant Business Analyst experience in transformation and / or complex enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Experience of critically analysing processes, solutions & business cases from a variety of angles (people, process, technology, data & UX)
- Experience leading a team
Oher relevant information
- The successful candidate will be highly disciplined with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A hands-on and practical approach will be needed, along with good liaison skills.
- The desire to work in a small team environment and a tenacious approach to achieving goals will also be needed.
- Travel to the 7IM Edinburgh office and to any relevant external parties will be required
The '7' in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn't find a firm they trusted to manage their families' money properly - big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they'd like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We've evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders' plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service - that's what sets us apart from everyone else.