Associate, Senior Lending Partners
- Sagard Holdings
- New York City, New York (US)
- Base salary + bonus + benefits fully paid by the employer
- Jan 04, 2023
- Feb 03, 2023
- Job Function
- Other, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Sagard Senior Lending Partners (“SSLP”) Overview:
SSLP provides senior debt to North American public and private middle market companies to help fund growth and other strategic initiatives. The SSLP team is a small, fast-paced group with a flat organizational culture and strong collective work ethic. SSLP directly lends to companies across various sectors, conducting rigorous due diligence on prospective borrowers and management teams and building rigorous financial models. SSLP views its portfolio companies not just as borrowers but as long-term partners and supports them on an ongoing basis by leveraging the capabilities, experience and network of the broader Sagard ecosystem on their behalf.
We are looking for an Associate to join the SSLP team based in New York or Toronto. The right candidate would join a collaborative team and have an opportunity to work on senior loan transactions across a broad range of industries. In this role, you will help the team with all aspects of sourcing, diligence, and execution. Sagard works in small deal teams, where you will have a significant amount of responsibility, opportunities to learn and influence the investment process.
- Analyze potential investment opportunities across a variety of industries;
- Assist with setting up all templates for investment processes (e.g. memos, models, etc.);
- Assist with building deal pipeline, keeping databases and other information management tools up to date;
- Conduct detailed research and evaluation of new investment opportunities (modelling, investment memos, lead due diligence, engage with advisors);
- Assist with fundraising efforts by preparing slides, answering questions, and analyses requested by prospective LPs;
- Assist with asset management activities of portfolio companies;
- Build sophisticated financial models to assist in the investment process;
- Assist senior team members in negotiating and structuring documentation;
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and management; and
- Collaborate with various Sagard teams.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, or other related fields
- 4 years of experience in financial analysis, investment process
- Strong research, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills (Excel,Word,PowerPoint,Outlook)
- Excellent knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
- Proven curiosity about investing and analyzing businesses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing attention to detail.
- Investment industry or Investment banking experience an asset
- DealCloud experience an asset
- Works optimally in teams or independently
- Collegial and friendly
Our ideal candidate:
- Entrepreneurial - Self-starter, ability to operate quickly with lean resources and a passion for investing
- Rigorous - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and outstanding attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace; hard-working and willingness to work nights and weekends when required
- Proactive and innovative - Thrives in a dynamic working environment; curious, eager to learn about and contribute to a wide variety of topics; suggests new ideas and new ways of working
- Collaborative - Inclusive operating style coupled with a hands-on, results-oriented attitude
- Authentic – Demonstrates humility, openness, integrity and inclusiveness
Are you confident you could do the job, and are you excited about the opportunity but don’t meet all the requirements? At Sagard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. We encourage you to apply! You may be the right candidate for this role or other positions.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance. We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position.