This role is within the regional APAC Global Wealth Management, Counterparty Credit (CCR) Underwriting Team who is responsible for underwriting of Margin Lending and Capital Markets (OTC derivative and securities financing) transactions for Private Banking clients in South-East and North Asia.
The Counterparty Credit Underwriting team sits within the Business (first line of defence), working in close partnership with Bankers and Origination to prepare credit, financial and collateral analysis for new transactions and for periodic annual reviews of existing credit exposures for business approval and onward recommendation to Credit Risk Management
For this role, we are seeking an experienced credit risk professional with subject matter expertise in the analysis and approval of margin lending and/or capital markets transactions. This role will have line management responsibility for one team member, either on a direct reporting or matrix basis. Responsibilities
- The CCR Underwriter role works closely with the Margin Lending Origination, the Global Capital Markets (GCM) Credit Solutions Team and Private Bankers to initiate and underwrite new and annual reviews of Margin Lending and/or Capital Markets transactions for an existing portfolio of clients and new relationships.
- Day to day responsibilities include:
- Supporting Margin Lending Origination and the Global Capital Markets (GCM) Credit Solutions Team with the preparation of underwriting related elements of Greenlight Memos for Business and Credit Risk Management Approval.
- Preparation and timely completion of periodic and interim credit reviews of existing assigned credit relationships, covering both capital markets and margin lending activity and coordination with Wholesale Credit Market Underwriters for those relationships with non-CCR exposures.
- Conducting due diligence, including: risk ratings, collateral analysis, borrower and financial analysis, to the standards laid out in the relevant Citi policies, standard, procedures and credit memo templates.
- Coordinating and managing Business and Credit approvals.
- Providing CCR Underwriter Approval on credit applications as well as ad-hoc transactions.
- Preparing and monitoring of borrower compliance with facility covenants and other approval conditions.
- Working with Margin Lending Origination and GCM Credit Solutions Team in coordinating margin call deferrals and approvals.
- Ensuring derivative, margin loan and other associated legal documentation is executed in line with credit approval.
- Monitoring and remediation of limit excesses.
- Working and navigating across all of Citi's risk and reporting infrastructure to obtain relevant information for the purpose of credit reviews and coordinating with the responsible stakeholders in maintaining data quality and accuracy.
- Working closely with quality assurance to ensure all controls related to the credit applications are adhered to.
- Participating and leading strategic projects and team tasks, including participating in transformation projects along with internal audit and MCA reviews as required.
- On-going training and development of more junior team members.
- 8-10 years of credit risk experience in either credit underwriting or as a credit risk approver.
- Experience in credit assessment of Private Banking Clients and/or Margin Lending or Capital Markets transaction is required. Experience in corporate lending may be considered.
- Good knowledge of private banking products (eg. equities, fixed income, funds, derivatives etc.).
- Transformation, change management of project related experience focused on enhancing controls, is an advantage.
- Ability to digest complex or detailed issues and articulate them in clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and proven ability to partner and collaborate.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Prior management experience is an advantage.
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving.
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment.
Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting