The IT Project Tech Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Key Responsibilities
: Business Analysis, Functional Requirements
Subject Matter Expertise / Technology Partnership
- Work with stakeholders in Trading Business, Operations, Technology and PMO to run meetings, coordinate and gather business requirements
- Work with stakeholders across Business lines, for transformation projects to understand their business and process
- Understand current business process and provide functional design inputs for the proposed technology solution
- Create high quality documentation for Business and Functional Requirements
- Manage traceability of requirements from BRD till Test Plan / Results.
- Analyze huge data sets, create flow diagrams, prepare high level summaries and workflows
- Work in close co-ordination with the development leads on enhancements and defects, and assist with troubleshooting / resolution of application defects
- Engaging successfully with software developers and testers to ensure quality delivery, on time
- Planning, estimating, managing risks and issues, project reporting, managing stakeholders, and building strong relationships with the business
- Assist in project execution through JIRA, providing tracking to technical teams and status updates to internal and business stakeholders
- Shape the strategic architecture for the application by working closely with the development leads and by defining solutions that are robust and aligned with the technology roadmap
- Develop best practices to be used in evaluating, selecting and implementing technologies for use within FXLM technology more broadly
- Monitor new developments in data visualization and analysis technology across ICG and in the industry more generally, and provide recommendations about new technology adoption
This role offers the opportunity to partner with Senior Business and Technology leaders and define the next generation Operations Technology platform to be used within Citi's FXLM business. As the platform supports all products traded within FXLM business including FX, Rates, FI, Money Market & Derivatives,
the role has high visibility and individual will be considered a critical partner across the various technology and business stakeholder teams. Qualifications:
- Overall 13+ years experience with at least 6-8 years' experience as Business Analyst with any Investment/ Global Bank in Foreign Exchange, Trade Processing, Risk Management areas
- Project Management experience of coordinating with Local Country Tech and Global Tech, aligning to Global Strategy
- At least 12-15 years' overall experience working in a Banking/Financial services industry
- Strong understanding of FX, MM and Fixed Income Bonds Settlements and Accounting for complete post trade processing.
- Familiarity with SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Should understand full front to back workflow for minimum of two other asset classes (FX/FI/MM/FX Options/Derivatives) viz., deal capture, deal execution, risk management, confirmations, accounting, settlements etc.
- Knowledge of workflow mapping and use cases would be advantageous
- Practical project lead/management experience in the financial services industry, preferably within an Operations function
- Strong academic record ideally with a Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from a top tier University. Master's degree (MBA) with specialization in Finance from top tier University will be an added advantage.
#LI-Hybrid Essential Skills/Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to transform business requirements into precise functional/technical specifications
- Strong analysis skills; ability to create business analysis from scratch, ability to troubleshoot data quality issues
- Ability to work as part of various teams and under pressure
- Able to prioritize conflicting tasks, identifying what is essential and focusing on such
- Positive attitude, hard-working and ability to take initiative
- Innovative and Positive 'Can Do' attitude
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience - Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability -self start on goals and achieve targets
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Technology Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting