Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTech's to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. The Role
This is a key and senior role within the Credit Risk function with responsibility for the underwriting, oversight and reporting of Credit Risk exposure and performance of the country subsidiary entity, including presenting to local Board and regulators as required. You will be responsible for all stages of the credit lifecycle from origination through to collection and recovery including liaising with lawyers in the event of litigation. The ideal candidate will complement Ebury's analytical and statistical capabilities with their own country-specific hands-on knowledge of the local market. Your Specific Responsibilities
- Support, and report to, the Senior Credit Risk Management Team;
- Monitor and report, both to the Board and to the Risk Management Office, your subsidiary's portfolio performance (lines granted, current exposure, overdue cases, pipeline, etc);
- Liaise with local regulatory authorities if necessary;
- Perform detailed credit analysis of prospects and clients for the purpose of granting trade finance and currency trading products, with a focus on financials, operations, and trading
- Approve exposure limits to individual clients up to your delegated authority;
- Present and defend your analysis personally at credit committee meetings to senior management, including C-Suite;
- Engage closely with other teams, specially Front Office and Onboarding/Compliance, to ensure a smooth client experience and that decisions made within the Credit Risk team are
- Manage an existing portfolio of clients, monitoring their credit standing and risk versus reward
- Assist with the collections process for overdue payments and communicate decisions with
- Proactively manage your own pipeline of work, along with taking responsibility to ensure the
wider team's SLAs are met;
- Liaising with analysts and managers across our other geographies to add insight or assist
- Share your thoughts to improve our processes and upskill other analysts.
We don't conduct our credit analysis via a tick box exercise and we believe the same should be true of the people we hire. Below is simply an example of the background we are looking for:
About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
- A background in credit underwriting (10+ years), preferably in the SME space, or experience in financial analysis in the Swiss market;
- Exposure to the collections process for any overdue payments or clients in arrears;
- A clear, structured, and concise communication style with the ability to explain complex
concepts in a coherent way;
- Experience of dealing directly with clients, one on one, and resolving issues;
- A strong understanding of local accountancy principles;
- An understanding of FX markets and associated vanilla products;
- Experience of training others and managing a pipeline;
- An ability to work in Excel in a professional setting.
- English AND German or French
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.