Description About this role
We are seeking someone who is passionate about working in a dynamic environment that values proactive and pragmatic solutions. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $ 8 trillion of assets, we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being. This role truly offers the opportunity to experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com . Team Overview
The Resilience, Safety and Security team (RSS) is part of the broader Enterprise Services team, which contributes to the continued success of BlackRock through strategic solutions and business services that provide each employee with an efficient, resilient, safe, and high-performance work experience. Enterprise Resilience, Safety and Security is comprised of four key functions - Business Continuity Management (BCM), Disaster Recovery (DR), Security and Health & Safety (H&S). The team has the responsibility for ensuring a risk-based management approach to protect BlackRock staff and visitors, reputation, physical and information assets, and operations from disruptive events. Position Purpose
This position will drive the Enterprise Resilience, Security & Safety program in BlackRock Staff and offices in Asia Pacific region and work to maintain a strong business resiliency, preparedness, and response environment in the event of a disaster. This role will be responsible for periodic BCM, Security & Safety risk analysis and coordinate with the functions for ongoing program enhancement. This role will report to the Global of Head of Enterprise Resilience Safety & Security, who will provide oversight across implementation activities and strategies.
The Head of RSS team will be responsible to establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with partners in the APAC region to be able to effectively understand and represent their interests. They'll provide overall direction for the Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program to support and maintain a strong business resiliency, preparedness, and response environment in the event of a disaster. This role will be responsible for working with business leaders and Crisis Management Teams (comprised of both business and support groups) in the BlackRock Asia-Pacific Offices and implement the crisis management capability and BCM program. Your key responsibilities:
Candidate must consistently demonstrate inclusive leadership by leveraging collective strengths and diversity to drive performance as a team. Holding each other to high standards to deliver investment performance for our clients. Take emotional ownership and lead with a sense of purpose and passion for our work. Candidate must stay abreast of and has opinions about market activity and competitive landscapes and anticipates global industry trends. Develop talent, build culture and drives high performing teams. Crisis Management
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of disruptive incidents across the region and coordinate with regional and country stakeholders to ensure appropriate response and communications.
- Coordinate with stakeholders during Crisis Management invocations and provide support during emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of business continuity plans.
- Drive Crisis Management invocations and provide support during emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of business continuity plans.
- Develop and implement Crisis Management training and tabletop exercises in the region.
- Ensure Crisis Team Memberships are appropriately maintained in-line with local regulatory requirement and firm's policy and standards.
- Implement command, control, communication, and situational awareness processes during crisis management response.
- Deliver interactive, immersive and realistic briefings, training and exercising to develop, rehearse and test incidents to crisis response capability.
- Manage the Crisis Management program and apply thought leadership to further mature and develop.
- Coordinate with the country leadership, enabling functions, Human Resource, L&C and Corporate Communications to manage Pandemic response in line with global BlackRock requirements and local government restrictions.
- Lead the response to regional security incidents related to the safety of our employees and offices.
- Responsible for implementation of global security design basis and system in all existing offices and future new office construction projects.
- Responsible to all physical security operations in region and ensure compliance to the local regulatory security rules.
- Take the lead on all regional technical security projects, including working with vendor partners, completing design standards and managing project planning.
- Ensure that team works with business stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain business continuity planning in line with global standards and local regulations with business functions.
- Conduct periodic Risk Assessments, Impact Analysis and identify recovery requirements and work with the business to develop and implement recovery plans in the event of a business disruption.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Lead the planning and execution of resilience projects and initiatives in alignment with strategic priorities defined and agreed with global and regional stakeholders.
- Identify areas to mature in the exercise program in order to increase confidence in our recovery capabilities.
Health & Safety:
- Support global planning and testing efforts around the resilience of BlackRock's most critical technology.
Qualification, Experience & Key Competencies:
- Act as the point of escalation for health and safety matters in region and liaison with senior management
- Support stakeholder engagement and the delivery of global policies and standards along with regulatory / compliance related initiatives
- Bachelors or higher degree (required)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in regional crisis management and enterprise resilience
- Experience in managing relationships at mid to senior management levels
- General Financial Services industry experience (preferred)
- Available 24/7 to respond to incidents and
- Experience with real-time crisis events (internal or external) and is willing to provide support during a crisis 24/7/365, if needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Power BI, Tableau etc)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Knowledge of IT and Operations Audit methodology
- Works well in a matrix team environment; flexible and collaborative approach
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Regional travel required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.