Description About this role Business Unit Overview
The iShares & Wealth RFP Team ("RFP") plays a vital role in the effort to win new business for BlackRock's iShares & Wealth businesses and liaises closely with colleagues across sales groups and portfolio management teams to deliver high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to prospective and existing clients. It also supports APAC Retail with their EMEA based pooled fund RFP's and annual DDQ's, as well as LATAM.
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our team. Based in London, this role will provide managerial support as well as provide support on varied product ranges including active mutual funds, Indexing and ETFs and Alts, across share classes and work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for coordinating, writing and providing the completion of new business Requests for Proposal (RFP's) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ's). They will work closely with investment teams, sales teams, Legal and Compliance, and other stakeholders across BlackRock. Key responsibilities:
Experience & skills:
- Coordinate the completion of new business RFPs and DDQs in a professional, accurate and timely manner
- Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed timeframes
- Provide content and update our RFP database RFPio.
- Primary point of contact for sales, sales support teams as well as product strategists who have requested RFP's and DDQ's for their clients
- Collaborate closely with the wider team in Budapest and other RFP teams across the business to ensure consistent high quality responses and that all client deadlines are met
- Ensure continuous improvement of team processes and drive innovative use of resources. Take responsibility for contributing to the maintenance and audit of the core resource.
- Contribute to continual population and development of the RFP database RFPio, refreshing and improving answers on an ongoing basis
- BA or BS degree preferred or have the relevant experience.
- Team management experience
- 3-5 years of experience of writing RFP and DDQ within a retail or institutional environment required
- Demonstration of good investment knowledge across key asset classes including indexing/ETFs.
- Proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized and collaborative team can drive better performance
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile for clients
- Knowledge in Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of RFPio or other databases
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.