There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Analytics Manager will be a subject matter expert on climate scenario analysis, partnering as a trusted advisor with internal teams including Investments & Corporate ESG, clients, and regulators. Key opportunities include the onboarding of vendor tools, design and implementation of reporting, and establishment of methods for communicating and escalating risks. The incumbent should be able to synthesize information from regulators, industry groups, and independent research to influence the firm's approach to quantifying climate risk.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on climate scenario analysis, interfacing with internal teams, clients, and regulators as needed. Engage in activities designed to enhance knowledge base as it relates to climate risk. This may entail attending conferences, vendor training programs, and reading books or articles.
- Engage with vendors and technology during an initial onboarding process to design and implement robust platforms for the calculation, storage, and dissemination of security- and portfolio-level analytics. This will involve engagement with business analysts and developers to ensure a well thought out statement of work is developed as well as a robust UAT plan. Support regular maintenance after initial implementation.
- Collaborate with Investments, Corporate ESG, and other internal stakeholders on analysis and data distribution.
- Support compliance with regulatory requirements and keep abreast of regulatory developments globally to identify areas for development
Support the Senior Investment Analytics Manager and teammates in Liquidity and Derivatives Risk:
- Gain expertise to support ad-hoc and recurring reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders including PMs, clients, and the appropriate Risk Committee.
- Assist in regular monitoring of risk levels. Collaborate with key business partners on BAU and unexpected issues as they arise.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Strong operational mindset:
- Detail oriented
- Process driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to handle complex interactions and reconcile differing views
- College degree and work experience in finance, ESG, or analytics
- Experience with scenario analysis, stress testing, and other risk quantification techniques
- Self-driven, comfortable taking initiative
- Intellectually curious
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as quantitative finance, statistics, applied mathematics, or engineering
- Experience with SQL and Excel, a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB), and business intelligence tools such as PowerBI
- Professional accreditations such as CFA, FRM, or CAIA
- Experience with investment management applications (market data tools like Bloomberg, Factset, risk modelling tools like MSCI RiskManager, MSCI BarraOne, Bloomberg PORT, etc.)
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.