ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm's primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
TEAM & ROLE OVERVIEW
- Investors, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services
- Advisors, understanding our clients' priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios
- Thought Leaders, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients' investment decisions
- Innovators, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals
The role is focused on investing in private equity and private debt. The Hybrid Capital team combines the expertise of the legacy Merchant Banking's private equity and direct lending businesses with the Special Situations Group. Hybrid Capital provides solutions for businesses seeking non-control alternatives to traditional private equity as well as cost of capital optimization or greater flexibility than traditional debt. It principally deploys the West Street Strategic Solutions Fund I, a $14bn fund raised in 2020.
Analysts and Associates work as part of small deal teams responsible for identifying, diligencing, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate private debt and structured private equity investments. They are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries / geographies investing in instruments ranging from secured debt to minority common equity. The role is highly analytical with emphasis on fundamental valuation, financial modelling, analysis of financial accounts, and legal documentation. The work is deal-focused and exciting, and will bring you in contact with a wide range of businesses, industries, geographies, investment structures and products as well as advisors and management teams. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engaging in all aspects of due diligence and business analysis including but not limited to financial modelling / analysis, fundamental valuation analysis, market research, competition analysis to develop and refine investment theses
- Participating in structuring, negotiating and documenting investments
- Communicating and defending investment theses to internal stakeholders and committees, including relevant Asset Management and Firm-wide Investment Committees
- Actively monitoring existing investments in the portfolio
- Originating investment ideas via early engagement with relevant parties (e.g., financial sponsors, company management teams, founders)
- Building relationships with sponsors, management teams and internal GS stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Investment Banking or Principal Investing candidate with 1 to 2 years of experience
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Studies, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline from a distinguished academic institution required
- Prior internship experience in private equity, private credit is a plus
- Strong quantitative, financial modelling, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for investing with an interest in complex credit and equity investments
- Flexible and creative mindset; ability to analyze a variety of industries and businesses
- Confident verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills essential
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation required
- Excellent MS Excel skills essential and knowledge of MS Power Point
- Fluency in one or more of French, German, Italian or Spanish is an advantage
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs.
Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity