We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our office in London we are currently looking for a Depositary Services Manager.
• Responsible for the day to day operational depositary work in relation to a portfolio of private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure clients.
• You will act as manager of a small team based in the UK and Cork and take ultimate responsibility for all team deliverables.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the compliance of clients with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive with focus on the following:
o Cash monitoring
• You will act as the client's first point of contact in relation to operational questions and management of the relationship with internal and external parties such as asset managers, administrators, auditors, etc.
• You will be responsible for carrying our due diligence work on clients and third parties.
• You will be responsible for client onboarding process including KYC and other compliance work.
• You will take lead on new business opportunities including client proposals.
• Responsible for delivery of internal projects
• You hold a bachelors degree or have sufficient work experience or vocational qualifications. A professional qualification such as ACCA, ICSA or equivalent would be advantageous but not mandatory;
• You have a minimum of 6 years' experience in relevant roles in the fund services industry (such as experience in compliance, regulatory, fund accounting/admin, audit, operational due diligence, transfer agency or custody). Depositary specific experience is beneficial but not considered mandatory.
• You have a sound knowledge of the UK funds industry (experience of private equity, real estate and or debt is preferable but not mandatory)
• You are organized, flexible and able to multi task and manage workload efficiently.
• You have good analytical skills and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• You are dynamic, possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction, when appropriate.
• You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset).
• You have experience managing or supervising more junior team members.