We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our office in London, we are looking for an experienced Manager to join our growing Corporate Services team. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for day to day management of a portfolio of clients predominantly made up of UK limited companies, LLPs and LPs;
- Ensuring timely and accurate book-keeping and reporting for client entities;
- Preparation of financial statements for asset holding & financing companies under IFRS or FRS 102;
- Preparation of VAT returns;
- Liaising with lawyers, property managers, auditors and equivalent;
- Managing a Corporate Services team that in addition to accounting performs a number of Company Secretarial tasks including planning for board and shareholder meetings, producing minutes, maintaining statutory records and complying with all filing requirements;
- Acting as a point of reference with regards technical enquiries, ensuring that the information is provided in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ensuring timely billing and fee recovery for client entities;
- Managing set up and take on of new client structures;
- Overseeing completion and maintenance of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence Files;
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as and when assigned utilising own knowledge and effectively managing them to completion;
- Mentoring and managing junior team members;
- Providing managerial support to the business as necessary.
- Strong academic background;
- You are a qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or Chartered Secretary (e.g. ICSA);
- You will have experience in accounting for asset holding companies;
- Company secretarial experience in the funds or corporate services industry would be beneficial but not essential;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills;
- High Level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.
Independent and possessing more than fourteen years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies.
Our staff of over 2,400 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees' technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.