Global Banking & Markets Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Global Banking & Markets Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is this division that develops the processes and controls that facilitates business flow.
As a member of the KYC Refresh team, the individual will specialize in the review of AML/KYC information on file of existing institutional clients. The individual will work directly with our clients, sales and operational partners in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance, is critical. Having a client service mindset is crucial as the role requires significant interaction with clients. How you will fulfill your potential:
- Ensure due diligence is performed on existing clients to comply with AML/KYC regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies and process
- Engage clients and internal business teams to obtain relevant AML information and documentation
- Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions
- Take responsibility for delivering against committed timelines
- Participate in regular meetings with the program team to maintain clarity around workflow, understand changes to AML/KYC regulations and develop required reporting metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to professionally and persuasively engage external clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and changing requirement
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail given the regulatory nature of the rol
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in the financial industry or client facing role
- Mandarin/Japanese/Korean language skills beneficial although not mandatory
- Proven ability to work well in a global team environment
- Experience of AML requirements either via a Client On-boarding role or similar role including an understanding of client structures and AML requirements for hedge funds, private corporations, financial institutions, etc
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity