Control Management Specialist - Banking will report to the APAC Regional Business Control team within the International Control organization. The Business Control team is responsible for identifying, measuring, assessing, controlling, mitigating, monitoring, and reporting current and emerging risk exposures associated with APAC activities.
This position will be accountable for the front-line control responsibilities related to banking legal entities in APAC and the Representative Offices. This position will be responsible for assisting in the design, oversight, and implementation of control activities within the legal entities. Control Management Specialist - Banking will also work with designated lines of business (LOBs) and Enterprise Function (EF) control team members to assist in the design and implementation of the required risk mitigation and controls and help identify, escalate and proactively manage risks in the banking legal entities in APAC and the Representative Offices. This position will also partner with Independent Risk Management (IRM) and the Risk and Control Self Assessment team within Business Control. In this role, you will:
- Assists with and performs and manages Front Line Responsibilities for banking legal entities in APAC and the Representative Offices in APAC as follows:
- Identifies and documents risks, designs and implements control activities associated with business processes within the abovementioned entities in Asia. Assists with control design and implementation related to Banking business in the region.
- Responsible for analyzing any regulatory change impacts, and designing and implementing controls associated with the changes.
- Assists with the execution of Legal Entity Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) to satisfy Enterprise and Regulatory requirements. Remediates RCSA quality assurance and IRM credible challenge findings.
- Responsible for ensuring controls related to governance and regulatory requirements of the legal entities are properly executed, which include but not limit to board governance, registration, outsourcing activities and various type of regulatory reporting and questionnaires.
- Responsible for coordinating any audit or regulatory reviews.
- Collaborates with LOB Business Control, International Compliance, International Operational Risk and COO related to program requirements.
- Serves as liaison between IRM and management of the legal entities, and provides support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs.
- Develops and implements risk monitoring and risk reporting processes that align with company-wide risk programs. Monitors and reports on its risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite. Aggregates the results of its monitoring efforts (as part of its self-assurance activities reporting routines), evaluates findings, reports on results and escalates where necessary.
- 7+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, business process management) or 7+ years financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk.
We Value Diversity
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company.
- Knowledge of global banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.
- •Experience with Business Control Assurance, either from 1LOD/2LOD testing or internal audit.
•Experience with Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams, matrixed relationships and interact with all levels of an organization
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to analyze data and make connections across various data sets to make recommendations to management and project teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage creative thinking and problem solving skills to facilitate decisions and to ensure project outcomes result in expected business value.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to escalate issues
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.