Thought Machine's mission is bold - to properly and permanently rid the world's banks of legacy technology. To achieve this, we have developed the foundations of modern banking and built core and payments technology which runs natively in the cloud. What we are attempting is hard and means we need great people working together to build great technology.
We have grown rapidly in the past few years - growing our team to more than 500 individuals across offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. We have raised more than $500m in funding and are now valued at $2.7bn. Our investors include Molten Ventures, Eurazeo, Intesa Sanpaolo, Temasek, Nyca Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Standard Chartered, and more.
We have created a culture enabling our team to produce the best work in the industry, ensuring we have fun along the way. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture and have been recognised by Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech company and the most generous employee share package in the industry. We've been named in the IDC list of top 100 fintechs, CB Insights' top 250 fintech companies in the world, and achieved global awards for our workplace culture and client work.
The role of communications manager is crucial within Thought Machine's marketing function, offering an opportunity to take ownership of a nascent function and develop its regional capabilities for a leading global fintech company. Reporting to the Global Head of Communications, the role will build the communications capabilities of the region, with responsibilities across PR, content creation, media relations, brand building, and more. You will also play a vital role in supporting our marketing strategies and campaigns, working with your colleagues to support the delivery of campaigns and initiatives. You will work with subject matter experts across the business to create content, material and campaigns that engage our target audience. You will be critical in positioning the company in your market, building our brand and highlighting our company as a great workplace. DUTIES
- Build up the regional communications department with support from the central function
- Create and own a communications schedule and plan across a variety of channels and mediums
- Lead on regional PR and media relations: maintaining and working on an active list of relevant journalists. Lead on regional press releases, strategy, and PR campaigns
- Produce and deliver accurate, informative briefing materials for all public speaking engagements for senior stakeholders
- Manage regional social media content and planning
- Support marketing colleagues with the construction of effective, compelling copywriting, email communications and the production of internal events
- Work across departments and centrally to produce compelling content, including video, podcast, and other multimedia
- Seek opportunities to develop Thought Machine's employer brand - creating content and executing opportunities to elevate our status as a great place to work
- Support colleagues with award submissions, speaker submissions, and other opportunities to elevate our presence in the market
- Ambassador of the company's brand identity and guidelines
- 4-6 years of experience in corporate communications for a technology company
- The highest standards of English language and proofreading skills with an ability to create clear, crisp copy to a defined brief
- An understanding of technology concepts at a high level. Ideally, experience in communicating complex B2B software to a banking audience.
- Strong contact book of relevant media and journalists to hit the ground running
- Ability to deliver across different channels: written copy and multimedia content
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with senior leaders, and be point-of-contact with all relevant media contacts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high-quality output
- Experience working in a fast-growth technology company as a communications manager, looking for the next step to have ownership and responsibility
- Experience communicating banking technology concepts to a broad audience - with a portfolio of written work
- Experience working across timezones for a global organisation
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- $1,500 SGD per year flexible spend benefit
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.