BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply. Job Description
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international, and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Sr. Network Engineer - Design, implement, maintain, and support our growing hardware and software network infrastructure. You will be part of the Network Services team responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs. Responsibilities
- Monitoring network performance
- Ensure system availability and reliability
- Responsible for WAN provisioning and support of the LAN, WAN, network infrastructure for Enterprise and Production environments globally
- Administrating various devices and services [website] routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, WiFi)
- Acts as a top-level escalation point for all networks and related projects, incident management, and technical designs.
- Maintaining systems software (upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes, and security configurations)
- Responsible for change management procedures and detailed ownership, planning, and execution of highly complex, secure, high-risk, multifaceted changes.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Respond, analyze, and follow up on outstanding network issues at all levels; ensure timely problem resolution.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Work with users and other personnel for problem resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven hands-on experience
- Network certifications are a plus
- Deep understanding of networking protocols IPSec, Hsrp, BGP, OSPF, 802.11x, Load Balancer, Pulse VPN, ISE/NAC. VxLAN, SDWAN)
- Solid understanding of DevOps Networking
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- A University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience preferred
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ). Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.