Are you an innovative thinker? Do you want to become an integral part of our quantitative front office business?
If the answer is yes, there are two possibilities open for you:
• Work in a market-facing team within the Financing business to build models and algorithms to systematize trading activities
• Deliver the next generation of analytics empowering high-touch flows using statistics and machine learning.
• Abide to high coding and model risk standards, partnering with risk and control functions while implementing large-scale production solutions
• Learn how Delta 1 and financing markets operate, cooperating with traders to streamline and enhance book management and scarce resource utilization
• Craft outstanding quantitative solution for UBS's clients, such as factor-based custom baskets optimizers and advanced risk analytics
• Collaborate with Derivatives and Solutions franchise to design innovative solutions to problems that matters to the business, across different asset classes
• Develop analytics and optimization tools leveraging the capabilities of the ACQA platform on cloud
• Mastering complex business domains
• Collaborating within the ACQA high-performing, delivery-focused core platform team
• Working closely with library quants and the risk engine team to deliver solutions that matters Your team
Global presence across New York, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Zurich.
The team is comprised of individuals with deep quantitative and systematic-trading experience, their mandate includes:
• Systematizing trading activities in the financing space, including Delta 1, Sec Lending and Physical Financing
• Providing clients with advanced quantitative solutions such as portfolio optimizers, risk analytics and enhanced short market liquidity
• Delivering next-gen risk models to empower the Global Markets in-business Risk team decision making
• Crafting solutions to optimize the Global Markets 'Scarce Resource' utilization
ACQA is the UBS global strategic platform for X-Asset derivatives risk & analytics. It is a modern, agile, Python based platform enabling the Strats to efficiently deliver advanced analytics and optimization tools to trading functions across the global markets organization.
The ACQA Quants have global presence in EMEA, APAC and NA. The team is deeply integrated in UBS's Derivatives and Solutions franchise, focusing on delivering end to end solutions on Analytics, Automation and Optimisations for different asset classes such as Equities, Rates, FX and Commodities.
• Strong academic background in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, etc)
• Proficiency in functional & object-oriented programming, especially Python (KDB/q is also an advantage for Fin Quants)
• Some understanding of the derivatives business, in one or more asset class (with focus on markets and D1 financial products for Fin Quants)
• Some experience with applying statistics and machine learning techniques to solve problems (quantitative finance & derivative pricing is also useful)
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a fluent and articulate manner, adapting to audiences at different levels
• Entrepreneurial and rigorous mindset, coupled to outstanding problem-solving ability
• A successful candidate will also have an interest to develop skills in the following areas:
- Understanding mathematical models for derivatives products
- Distributed computing and Cloud development (especially for ACQA Quants)
- Agile/lean development processes
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.