Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. The role:
Global Functions Technology (GFT) provides application development and other technology services for global functions, including Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Real Estate, IT Risk, Procurement, and General Services.
The GFT Solution Architect is responsible for day-to-day execution of the GFT Solution Architecture function in one or more major functional areas, delivery of architecture services to assigned development portfolios and their customers with focus on both strategic alignment of business and technology architectures and delivery of architectural design services in the context of portfolio initiatives, programs and projects with an emphasis on ensuring alignment to enterprise-wide architecture principals. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Technical Skills
- In close coordination with the GFT application portfolio managers, development and implementation of a practical, integrated, end-to-end strategic architecture vision for assigned GFT application portfolios, including target state architectures and associated roadmaps
- Development and implementation of a technology roadmap execution strategy for assigned GFT application portfolios, in accordance with GFT technology strategy
- Development and implementation of a data roadmap execution strategy for assigned GFT application portfolios, in accordance with the overall GFT data strategy
- Identification and execution of the appropriate architecture engagement model for individual portfolio initiatives, programs and projects, based on a thorough assessment of specific architectural impacts and requirements and optimally leveraging business, technical and data architecture shared services with an emphasis on alignment to enterprise-wide architecture principals
- Maximizing portfolio compliance with enterprise and GFT architecture principles, best practices and standards, and ensuring ongoing alignment with GFT technology and application portfolio strategies and roadmaps
- Maximizing technology reuse within assigned GFT application portfolios through leveraging of existing services, frameworks and components and development of new reusable services, frameworks and components where appropriate
- Ensuring ongoing quality of architecture-related application metadata in CSI for assigned portfolios, including application technology stacks, application portfolio management data and application dependencies
- Initial point of contact for architecture and technology-related matters initiated within assigned GFT portfolios (e.g. POCs, systemic production issues, assistance with architecture tools, requests for assistance from other technology organizations, inquiries concerning standards, guidelines, or best practices, etc.)
- Coordination point for externally initiated architecture and technology-related matters related to assigned GFT portfolios (e.g. infrastructure optimization activities, cross-portfolio information requests, cloud architecture review requirements, etc.)
- Significant experience of technology management and leadership experience, with some hands-on systems architecture experience in a complex, multi-vendor systems environment required.
- Solid understanding of systems, business, data, and technical architecture disciplines, including exposure to such key methodologies and approaches as cloud architectures, business process management/business rules management, data/information modeling, and high-availability/high-performance systems design required.
- Technology include: Java EE, Python, Spark, Oracle, Messaging components, Cloud/ECS deployment/migration, automated testing tools, Big Data technologies, CICD tools, AI/ML technologies, Microstrategy and Cognos
- Strong familiarity with both traditional and agile software development lifecycles required.
- Ability to establish an appropriate business-aligned strategic architecture vision for a major functional area, avoiding undue focus on incremental legacy system improvements and introducing and driving transformational changes where appropriate preferred.
- Ability to direct the day-to-day work of other solution architects within overall portfolio required.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with business, operations, and technology partners at all levels of the organization required.
- Excellent verbal and written business and technical communication skills required.
- Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- A motivated, self-directed, highly proactive attitude and approach preferred.
- Identify at each bullet point which is required and what is preferred
What We Offer:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Technology ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Architecture ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting