EDD Manager Singapore
As a Barclays EDD Manager, you will be responsible for analysing and advising on the risk presented by high-risk customers. You will write reports and detailed memos documenting the thought process in identifying financial crime risks. This is an exciting opportunity to show your commitment, passion and enthusiasm for the role.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Commenting on the individuals associated with the corporate entity i.e. ultimate beneficial owners and controllers
- Researching and analysing of complex financial crime AML news
- Verifying Source of Wealth, in depth Nature of Business analysis and Source of Funds
- Summarising the report, writing up findings and how risks can be mitigated, or actions that need to be carried out to protect the bank
- Providing other noteworthy information on the client's risk profile for example, whether the client is a PEP entity, and if so, why
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in Compliance or Financial Crime in a large global financial institution
- Knowledge of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks
- Knowledge of the Investment Bank and the products it offers
- Fluency in an APAC language
Where will you be working?
- CAMS or ICA AML qualification would be a plus
- Knowledge of the risk associated with Special Customer Types (PEPs, MSB, Gaming etc) and AML Red flags
- Ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.