Description Job Description
The role will be part of the of the Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Department, supporting the overall CME Group Compliance and Ethics Program and reporting into the Director AML/KYC and Sanctions Due Diligence . The Sanctions Due Diligence Manager undertakes the day to day management and operational activities related to all of s anctions due diligence and onboarding requirements for new and existing customers across CME Group, in line with CME Group's Global Financial Crime compliance program and all applicable global sanctions legislation including but not limited to US, EU, UK sanctions programs ). The role will involve working as part of the KYC/AML and Sanctions Due Diligence team and collaborating closely with CME's legal and compliance functions as well as other areas within CME as part of the legal and regulatory onboarding requirements of customers to CME Group.
The Manager will operate/implement the existing and future state due diligence controls for the sanctions compliance programs globally across the shared services model for all CME Group businesses, including making decisions about the teams, processes, screening and onboarding technologies, potential use of robotic process automation, and other technology required to operate the controls. The Manager will develop and provide data and evidence that will provide reasonable assurances to the relevant Money Laundering Reporting Officers and responsible parties (MLROs), Global Assurance, the Compliance & Ethics Team, the ERM program, and the Risk Committee, about the Company's compliance with applicable sanctions laws and regulations for all CME Group businesses, including Cash Markets, both for existing relationships and new business initiatives in support of CME Group's strategy and goals and to protect CME Group from regulatory, reputational and financial crime risks.
The Manager will lead and manage t he team that operates the sanction screening controls these include risk-based due diligence and screening processes to identify, mitigate and escalate potential risks throughout the client lifecycle and also produce metric-based management information to provide appropriate assurances to senior management that the sanctions controls are operating effectively, and the team is adequately resourced .
The Manager will be responsible for maintaining an efficient but right-sized team, including both employees and consultants, with the ability to leverage the team up or down in resourcing depending on current business needs. The Manager will provide ongoing analysis and recommendations for continually improving the efficiency and responsiveness of the function. Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible for imbedding and enhancing the Sanctions procedures / systems and controls in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and the guidance, rules and group policies provided by CME Group Legal and Compliance divisions as required as part of the legal and regulatory customer On-boarding process.
- Enhance and scale the sanctions service provision across CME Group, in support of the applicable regulatory and policy requirements and CME Group's strategic objectives.
- Manage the systems and technology requirements which will best support the sanction controls that the function operates.
- Proactively work to improve the outcome of annual AML/KYC and Sanctions internal audit reports conducted by CME Group's Global Assurance (GA) function.
- Drive data quality standards throughout all processes and demonstrate continuous improvement on service delivery. D efin e standards for the team and ensur e essential procedures are followed. Apply in-depth knowledge, experience, and understanding of the legal and regulatory environment to assist the team to resolve day to day issues.
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction based on practical experience and knowledge and is accountable for the quality and timeliness of the results the team delivers.
- Educate the team to reach the appropriate levels of technical understanding.
- Identify and escalate upstream risks and proposed solutions in a timely manner.
- P rovid e direction in terms of specific job departmental responsibilities, project planning, daily operations . Cultivate a culture of continuous process improvement, efficiency and innovation.
- Where required, oversee outsourced assistance to meet the applicable resourcing requirements including identifying and scoping requirements, sourcing and ensuring they operate to the required standards.
- Ensure the team is resourced sufficiently to meet the current and upstream control requirements across CME Group.
- Lead and manage the team's support of all CME Group projects and commercial initiatives that impact the sanctions framework.
- Assess and define the impact on processes and procedures where new products are provided and /or services are expanded or when existing products / services move to new jurisdictions or new market segments or when existing products and/or services are modified/retired.
- Initiate, lead and serve as primary stakeholder for Sanctions projects related to process improvements, service management and develop and execute project plans and collaborate with a variety of internal teams to support successful completion.
- Act as champion and/or escalation point for senior leaders across the organization (BLM, Global Ops, Compliance, Technology) for critical initiatives or concerns related to the sanctions processes.
- Act as a strong advocate for communications and collaborations among various teams and departments within the CME Group including CME's Technology, Operations, BLM and CD&S and various other functions within Legal and Compliance.
- Provide training to new and existing members of staff
- Occasional overseas travel will be required.
- Strong AML/KYC and sanction knowledge based on legal and regulatory requirements and risks (minimum 5-10 years in a similar role), including relevant qualifications (e.g., Diploma in Financial Crime or similar ).
- Strong people and team leadership skills, with prior experience in leading AML/KYC /Sanctions due diligence teams.
- Ability to identify and escalate potential red flags relating to entire businesses or individual cases, and to facilitate challenging discussions between senior stakeholders
- Experience analyzing information to make or inform decisions relating to people, processes and technology changes.
- Ability to operate and lead effectively in ambiguous and uncertain situations.
- Key resource planning capabilities to ensure proper short- and long-term team resources and structure, including both internal and external resources.
- Ability to prioritize resources to deliver results using a risk-based prioritization methodology.
- Excellent process and procedural knowledge, advanced team building and collaboration skills to manage the diverse services provided.
- Experience on the design, development and operation of KYC/AML /Sanctions processes and systems and controls in accordance with compliance policies and programs.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to discern the practical application of regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ability to communicate and influence assertively, clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally; strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly professional, courageous, and diplomatic in interactions, demeanor and presentation.
- Confident and decisive in stressful situations and tight time frames; utilizes good judgment and demonstrates maturity, tact and diplomacy; maintains confidence and utilizes the utmost in discretion.
- Solid project management skills (ability to manage several competing assignments and perform assignments accurately and in a timely manner).
- Knowledge of computer software (e.g., MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), AML and screening (e.g., WorldCheck ) and ability to learn new software systems quickly.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.