Global Alternative Asset Manager is looking to add a new role to their tax team. This is an exceptional opportunity as there is full scope to grow and develop within the team and engage in non-US tax matters.
This is a European Tax Reporting and Advisory role and would be ideal for someone either newly qualified or at least qualified within the last couple of years looking to take that first step in-house from Practice.
The role will see you responsible for high level complex compliance and reporting matters as well as tax advisory albeit the deal and M&A work is handled elsewhere.
Example of responsibilities:
Monitor and advise on changes to European tax matters. Consider practical implications of changes to tax law and develop and manage responses as necessary including drafting firm policy documentation
- Effectively communicate the implications of new legislation to both tax and non-tax literate stakeholders
- Compile and provide detail, support and analysis for internal files and external audit reviews
- Assist with tax related matters in relation to new products including investor due diligence queries and side letter negotiations
- Ensure that all fund entities and SPVs maintain compliance with all relevant local taxes
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of tax risk management processes
- Managing direct and indirect tax compliance for funds across a variety of European jurisdictions and a variety of investment strategies and products
The team interacts completely within the business and there is real recognition for the work the team does.
The trifecta would be that you have experience in funds tax, European tax, and tax reporting however they are aware that this may not be possible so there is flexibility. European Tax experience is essential and therefore they would consider people without funds tax experience if they can show proven EU tax reporting and advisory knowledge.
So if you want to take the next step in your tax career, want to be in a business that is actively known for inclusion and support then please do reach out to Bethany Kopiski today at or telephone 020 3330 5893.