Senior Business Analyst - thinkFolio
thinkFolio requires a strong business analyst with a strong track record working in financial services, specifically Portfolio and Order Management platforms. thinkFolio is embarking on a multi-year expansion program and is looking for a strong and passionate business analyst to help expand the core capabilities of the platform, advance our offering, and more generally, help research and design our best of breed platform to support this growing business. The business analyst will help lead the research, requirements gathering, and detailed analysis required to design and building a firs-class platform working with existing engineers and product stakeholders on this ambitious initiative.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work with product owners, engineers, and senior stakeholders to define the project and requirements and perform detailed analysis
- Build up knowledge and understanding of the current application and its challenges
- Maintain current knowledge of cross functional projects
- Help to maintain and drive an Agile based process
- Drive innovation and adoption of best practices.
Education and experience
- Degree in STEM, Computer Science, Business Studies or relevant real-world experience
- 8+ years of experience working with technology or business groups, on enterprise-wide software platforms in a financial environment
- Good commercial experience working as either a business analyst or product owner
- Very good understanding Portfolio and/or Order Management Systems
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Financial experience with preferred experienced with the FIX protocol and/or at least one EMS
- Preference for exposure working on migrating legacy applications
- Preference for exposure working on building new 1st class UI/UX
- No management required for this role
- Passionate analyst
- Strong focus on delivery and innovation
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholder's daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.