Here at GoCardless, we're building the world's bank payment network. Bringing simple and secure direct bank payment solutions for people and businesses everywhere, as well as making open banking more accessible. GoCardless is used by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion of payments across 30 countries.
We're an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris, Melbourne and New York. Intro to the team
This role sits within Fraud Risk Management (FRM) at GoCardless and is a 12 month FTC role.
Our mission is to protect and grow GoCardless by:
- Helping power our commercial growth by enabling organic top line growth for good merchants
- Continuing to focus on building trusted, scalable foundations by holding fraud losses to an acceptable level
- Delivering fraud strategies/policies that proactively enable the acceleration of the product roadmap
Our Operating Principles:
- Deliver & Innovate for Run The Business: Continue to identify opportunities to optimise how we solve for fraud through recurring thematic work.
- Provide a clear & transparent definition of Fraud: Define a consistent approach to what fraud is, what is considered acceptable levels of fraud, and growth aligned risk based strategies.
- Flex & Hold Accountability: Remain flexible in the manner in which we address fraud, without moving the goalposts on accountability.
- Prioritise & Invest for Tomorrow: Identify opportunities to align and build scalable solutions that enable the GC mission.
You'll play a key role in the design, implementation and management of our fraud detection policies; building data features and creating rules and alerts to help us enable the business to grow by managing risk effectively. Seeking out indicators of fraudulent activity, you'll work closely with internal and external partners to ensure that we have access to the information we need to spot fraudulent activity.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
What we're looking for
- Designing, testing and implementing fraud detection policies, rulesets and scoring to manage our fraud risk and enable business growth
- Developing data features and backtesting to determine efficacy via our systems and tools
- Partnering with our investigations team to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes
- Hypothesising fraud risk mitigants and working with our governance and operations team to test new approaches
- Taking the lead on high priority analytical projects, collaborating with our product development teams, engineers and data scientists to deliver results
- Keeping abreast of our analytical capabilities and working to enable collection, storage and access to the data we need to manage fraud risk.
We're looking for someone with experience in designing and implementing fraud policies from scratch.
We would expect you to be able to wield your analytical skills to develop and maintain policies in line with the team's strategic direction. You're comfortable taking initiative and working independently, whilst communicating effectively with your stakeholders and project contributors.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You savour the continuous challenge of developing fraud risk policies, and are proactive in thinking about the next move.
- You have excellent analytical skills and have worked in SQL and/or BI tools in previous roles.
- You excel at driving action through to completion; managing projects and and a wide range of stakeholders to maximum effect.
- You exhibit great attention to detail whilst keeping a high-level vision.
- You like keeping to deadlines, even when you set them yourself.
- Your organisational, communication and writing skills are first class.
Bonus points if:
(some of) The good stuff
- You've got knowledge of the payments space, the key players and networks.
- You have experienced a fast-growth journey (in a company growing 50%+ YoY).
Life at GoCardless
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme -gives you the option to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity -all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave -to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days ('GC Fridays')
We're an organisation defined by our values ; We start with why
before we begin any project, to ensure it's aligned with our mission. We act with integrity
, always. We care deeply
about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble
whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work. Diversity & Inclusion
We're building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we're going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of 'GeeCee's' that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We've got a long way to go, but here's how we're doing as of June 2022; Female Employees
- 46% Ethnic background
- 32% Identify as LGBTQIA
- 10% Neurodivergent
We're rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
If you want to learn more, you can read about our Employee Resource Groups and objectives here as well as our latest D&I Report Sustainability
We're committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition , a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero . We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter , Instagram and LinkedIn .