Who we are looking for
A qualified individual with experience in the leading and delivery of complex projects in the Investment Management space with strong project management skills. They should possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; a proven ability to liaise between business, implementation, product and technology teams; and with strong collaboration skills.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will be
• Assisting the Director of Implementations in the implementation of large scale front to back projects in the investment management industry
• Assisting the Director of Implementations with budget and resource planning
• Working with cross functional teams to break down the scope of work down into blocks of delivery, defining clear activities and accountability
• Developing a detailed project plan inclusive of change management and communication plans
• Managing requirement gathering process as well as the development and testing phases of the data management project
• Managing the project change control process throughout the project lifecycle
• Managing resources, project artifacts and financials throughout the project lifecycle
• Proactively managing risks, issues, dependencies and escalate appropriately
• Managing and monitoring the project performance, progress against milestones and appropriateness and quality of work and where necessary take corrective action
• Managing internal and external senior stake holders through Steering Committees and ad-hoc proactive communication
• Managing various stakeholder reporting including monthly budget reporting, weekly project dashboard etc
• Participating in internal project governance forums clearly articulating project status and key issues
• Working with product owners to support on-going enhancements to scope of services as needed • Managing the project transition to BAU and the hand off to Data Operations/Service Management
What we value
• Leadership and ability to bring together teams across different levels and disciplines within the organization
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and relationship management skills
• Experience in managing large scale, multi-location projects, across multiple business lines and corporate functions
• The Enterprise Culture traits and behaviors - Choose to own it, Break through Silos, Deliver results through integrity, Do Better Every Day, Care for colleagues, clients and community
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or above, computer science/data science/technical field is a plus
• Project management qualification
• Minimum of 8 years' experience delivering projects in the financial industry
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office (eg MS Teams, Excel, Projects and Power Point)
• In-depth project and program management skills with experience in Agile, Waterfall, Scrum etc
• Excellent project management disciplines to manage complex solution deliveries including detailed project planning, risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies, resource plans, stake holder reporting, governance model, requirements and change management
• Experience in Front and Middle Office solutions implementation within the financial services industry
• Ability to gather initial requirements to support the detailed planning and change control process • Ability to tenaciously achieve results and work off own initiative to ensure delivery success
• Ability to manage global project team and global client footprint
• Strong client facing skills to manage expectations and client delivery
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers