This development role is part of the front office eFX Development Team.
This team develops low latency software for automated FX trading and Risk management for both Principal and Agency businesses. Candidates will be involved in full end-to-end development of both new and existing applications, and additionally, provide support for those platforms.
Since the role is business facing you will work directly with users and analysts to understand the business; develop to specifications; assist in coordinated testing and aid in the deployment and post deployment support of the solution developed. Your efforts are expected to contribute to the overall commercial success of the business. Skills and experience
- Proven Java programming experience, preferably working on low latency, high throughput, globally distributed systems
- Experience working within a financial institution, preferably within Front Office IT, with exposure to the business.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to face off directly to the business to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team's methodology
- A history of delivering successfully within an Agile environment, and the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management and business owners (who may be based in different locations and time-zones. The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
Individual contributor competencies
- Market adaptors (EBS, MAPI, Currenex, Hotspot etc)
- Messaging frameworks (JMS, MQ, Tibco, 29West etc)
- Linux / Bash scripting
- FIX protocol
- Relational databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Development and build tools (GIT / Bitbucket / TeamCity / Nexus / Maven etc)
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations